AllenF
Accepted Solution

WAP200E in bridge mode

[ Edited ]

I have 2 WAP200E APs.  I want to connect two buildings.  I know I need to set the APs up in bridge mode, but I'm not sure where to start.

Currently I have both in bridge mode, with PKS2 security set and the SSID broadcast off.  On each unit, I have the opposite unit's MAC address entered in the bridge mode section.  No joy.  No connection.

Do both have to be in bridge mode?

How can I see the connection status?

What do I need to do to get these working properly?

Message Edited by AllenF on 11-26-2008 02:04 PM
Ricewind

Re: WAP200E in bridge mode

Do you also have a router ?
AllenF

Yes.  I have 4 Cisco routers.

How do I go about having the WAP200E devices recognize each other?  Any way to see signal strength, etc.?

Ricewind

The Bridge Mode will turn the access point into a wireless bridge. Wireless clients will not be able to connect to the access point in this mode. Enter the wireless MAC address of the wireless access point that you would like to bridge to..
AllenF

I have two of the devices.  Should they both be in bridge mode?  I have them both in bridge mode now, but they don't seem to see each other.
AllenF

Anymore thoughts on this?  Basically I just want to connect two buildings with a wireless bridge using my devices.  It seems like it should be simple, but I'm obviously missing something.
AllenF

Surely someone know how to do this and can give me a little help.
AllenF

I figured the problem out.  I was using the LAN MAC addresses instead of the wireless MAC addresses.
mbuikema

A common mistake in not getting bridge mode to work is using the LAN MAC address instead of the wireless MAC address.  Here is a link showing graphically the difference.

http://www.3spective.com/WAP200e%20MAC%20address%20confusion.pdf

Superblack

Hi, i have the same problem, and  i am using  wireless mac address. I configure the same SSID and wireless channel in APs.

I am testing APs in lab, before put it in definitive locations. 

I follow  manual an Help instruccions, but the APs could not connect each other.

I test it in Acces Point mode and APs works well. Somebody  know what the problem is ?