Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
libralad

WAP54G and RT31P2 - Enabling Security

'I have tried to enable security on my wireless linksys router, I have a RT31P2 router which is connected to the WAP54G router. When I follow the security enabling instructions I am unable to find(see) the wireless unit. I can access the RT31P2 security set up but there is not an option to enable security the wireless G unit. Pleas advise sep up of how to enable security to the wireless G unit.
scrooge

Re: WAP54G and RT31P2 - Enabling Security

Well this is a wired router you cannot enable the wireless security on the same if you want to enable the wireless security you need to do it on the access point WAP54G that you are having & you should be able to secure your network.
rolandvdv

Excuse my ignorance but is anyone able to give me step by step instructions to enable security on my WAP54g wireless router.

omaria

can you tell me step by step how to make secutity pass word to my WAP54G router thanks

Administrator
24JUAN80

You can refer to this document on how to setup security on your AP.

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&login=1&app=search&vw=1&articleid=4190

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------