WRH54G Wireless in China!

Help! I have recently moved to China but cannot read Chinese. I bought a new linksys WRH54G wireless router and the set-up screen is completely in Chinese besides some acronyms (IP, PPPoE etc.). I have tried to set it up with what boxes I can recognize but have been unsuccessful. Is there anyone out there who can help? I have successfully created a name and a password for the router but still can't seem to get an IP addy to connect to the internet. I have also googled english set-up screens but none seem to be exactly like mine. PLEASE HELP!!!! -Sleepless in Shanghai!:smileyhappy:
helm

Re: WRH54G Wireless in China!

i believe , this particular router is only meant for china...so i guess there is no way to change the language on the web ui....
in fact , you should have bought the wrt54g router ..

Why should I have bought the WRT54G? I don't necessarily need to change the ui language, I just need to get it to work and am not sure why I cannot get an IP through the router. I have now found a way to translate the router UI, but am not really sure why it isn't working.
klebersell

Hello!
I´m having exactly the same problem that you. Did you solve the problem? Can help me? I didn´t move to China but I´m here now, with a new WRH54G needing be configured for personal use.
Thanks!
Kleber
rootvg

Maybe the "Linksys EasyLink Advisor" can help?
Tibo

I landed in China recently and I have exactly the same problem with my WRH54G router. Did anybody find a solution? Thanks
Joe D

here is an english version of the manual. http://www-in.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=IN%2FLayout&cid=1175237029005&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=2900585430B07
izzyKL

Hi,

Upgrade the firmware of your WRH54G to version 1.01.04 using the firmware upgrade utility, all available at http://www.linksys.com/downloads
will solve the problem.