texas_jp

WRK54G setup

I have a new wrk54g ver.3 I have gone through the normal setup, but can't get past the point where set up says detecting computers settings. The router seems to beworking just fine even though set up was never completed and the orange CISCO light isn't on. Any thoughts??
forsaken

Re: WRK54G setup

you can use the auto config tool EASYLINK CONNECT to configure the router....

if you wanna go for the manual set up...access the router using http://192.168.1.1 in the browser...leave the username blank and the default password is "admin"....once on the ui...you can set up the router as per the ISP requirements...

for any changes in the wireless settings..click on the "wireless" tab and make sure that you change the ssid to any unique name ( just an identification of your network ) ...for putting a password to the wireless connection , go to the "wireless security" subtab and change the security mode..and create a passcode.........
Pegleg

I had a similar problem in that I did not choose DHCP because the menu said "cable DHCP" and my setup would not complete. But I also dont tink it worked and you say yours does. Anyway I started over and saw that cable DHCP was the ONLY DHCP option and went with it and the setup completed. good luck!
jimiff

after typing in admin i still can not get in to reset password

sm00thpapa

Throw the CD out and go with a manual set up. For the dude who can't log in with the linksys defaults just hold the re-set button in for 15 seconds then release, then try again and it should work.

jimiff

still can not reset password, get error 401 unauth

Expert
sabretooth

Hard reset the router and try again.

jimiff

i m not sure what hard reset is, i have unplugged, and replugged waiting 30 sec no luck am i doing it right

jimiff

are there any other options

Expert
sabretooth

[ Edited ]

In the manual it tells you how to reset the router.  Did you press the reset button in back for 30 seconds?  Do that, release and wait 10 seconds.  Now power cycle the router.  Connect and reconfigure it from scratch.