Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
psychopomp1

Re: WRT-1900AC

Anyone managed to find an online user manual for this yet? Nothing on Linksys site so far :smileysad:

speedingcheetah

jalyst wrote:

speedingcheetah wrote:
As a Review unit (that I get to keep)

I was contacted via smallnetbuilder forums. ( guess being a frequent user there has paid off...lol)

Not even Tim gets one? Lucky bugger!

think he already has one...

jalyst

speedingcheetah wrote:

jalyst wrote:

speedingcheetah wrote:
As a Review unit (that I get to keep)

I was contacted via smallnetbuilder forums. ( guess being a frequent user there has paid off...lol)

Not even Tim gets one? Lucky bugger!

think he already has one...

For keepers too?

Lexist2112

speedingcheetah wrote:

Can't wait to get this. Linkys offered to send me one!

I wonder how it compares to my Asus RT-AC56U.

I see in the pics posted that it has an internal fan....very nice. Also, FINALY, a router that comes with a CAT6 cable, and not a 5 or 5e.

One thing I really want to know about this new WRT....does the stock firmware support OpenVpn?  I do occasionaly use that feature on my Asus (VPN server mode, TAP mode, allows me to use my HD HomeRun Prime remotely).

There is VPN pass thru located in the secutity settings, Firewall tab.

By default: Ip sec / PPTP/ L2TP are enabled

In addtion you'll find the DMZ and Apps and Gaming tab. In the gaming tab your able to configure DDNS, single port forwarding, port range forwarding and port range triggering. As mentioned ealier in the thread I only have (1) XBOX1 and puposely did

not configure any port forwarding rules and the Xbox1 was able to get open NAT, "all services available".

For the forum members that have 2 xboxes, will see if you get open NAT without and conflicts during online multiplay.

Thus far the unit has been running for 48 hours. No degradation of any of the wired or especially the wireless signal. Everything is holding steady on the LATEST FW  Ver.1.1.7.160177.  which was released on Fri. I downloaded the intial FW prior to that and both are in a image format. Not sure why they decided to do that instead of a zip file. As of now you have to burn a disc in order to see the FW and then run a manual install. Unless someone knows a better way of "unzipping" a image file to the hard drive, please share.

Again, I installed the latest FW via the router;s GUI and it self installed and kept all my configuration intact, and all is working well....no glitchiness:smileyvery-happy:

I guess I would ask Linsys to release newer FW in a zip file.

Other than that, I couldn't ask for anything more. The unit for the most part is solid, stable and a joy not having to test and tweak, test and tweak:smileymad:

Lexist2112

[ Edited ]

psychopomp1 wrote:

Anyone managed to find an online user manual for this yet? Nothing on Linksys site so far :smileysad:

Nope. This is the closet you'll get. Hopefully Linksys will update this page

Downloads for FW, Warranty, and License notice

Lexist2112

Best Buys are now advertising it in there local ads if anyone cares!!!:smileysurprised:

SEA_RAY

canceled my pre-order waiting for BB to open.
AKA

SEARAY
Lexist2112

Searay,

I expect a full review when you have it configured. I think you will be pleasantly surprised how well this unit works as is and the simplicity of the GUI page.:smileyhappy:

sm00thpapa

Me too I get one for testing as well and they said I can keep it. 

jalyst

[ Edited ]

sm00thpapa wrote:

Me too I get one for testing as well and they said I can keep it. 

??? O_o Are you a heavy/long-time user at SNB, have you done lots of reviews there or another major networking site?

Seems like they randomly gifted it to people, not a bright move, unless they see it as some kind of community goodwill gesture.