Broken

WRT110 problems...

[ Edited ]

I just recently bought a new router (Linksys WRT110) and it's been great so far with no connection drops like my old router did (D-Link DI-624). But I have noticed a few minor issues.

1. Downloads pause/freeze. I was downloading a 12mb file and the download paused half way through and wouldn't end. I had to pause and unpause manually to finish the download. Never had this problem on the D-Link router except for when the connection was dropped even then the download would end there and not pause or it would complete.

2. Youtube videos won't load fully. It will load for a few minutes then like the downloads will pause/freeze. No matter the length.

3. I will get the occassional Address not found, connection failed error messages for some sites. But once I hit refresh they usually go back to normal and everything seems ok.

4. I get kicked off Gmail's IM for 30 to 60 seconds.

If anyone can help me out with these that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by Broken on 07-12-2009 12:01 PM
gandalf

Re: WRT110 problems...

You should download your Router's Firmware and Upgrade it...

Download Firmware 2.77 MB...

Follow these steps to upgrade the firmware on the device : -
Open an Internet Explorer browser page on a computer hard wired to the router...
In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1...Leave the Username blank & in Password use admin in lower case...
Click on the 'Administration' tab- Then click on the 'Firmware Upgrade' sub tab- Here click on 'Browse' and browse the .bin firmware file and click on "Upgrade"...
Wait for few seconds until it shows that "Upgrade is successful"  After the firmware upgrade, click on "Reboot" and you will be returned back to the same page OR it will say "Page cannot be displayed".

Now reset your router :
Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router...

If your Internet Service Providor is Cable follow this link

If your Internet Service Providor is DSL follow this link

Adjust the Wireless Settings - 

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave username blank & in password use admin in lower case...
For Wireless Settings, please do the following : -
Click on the Wireless tab
- Here select manual configuration...Wireless Network mode should be mixed...
- Provide a unique name in the Wireless Network Name (SSID) box in order to differentiate your network from your neighbours network...

- Set the Radio Band to Standard-20MHz and change the Standard channel to 11-2.462GHz...Wireless SSID broadcast should be Enabled and then click on Save Settings...
Please make a note of Wireless Network Name (SSID) as this is the Network Identifier...
For Wireless Security : -
Click on the Sub tab under Wireless > Wireless Security...
Change the Wireless security mode to WEP, Encryption should be 64 bit.Leave the passphrase blank, don't type in anything...
Under WEP Key 1 type in any 10 numbers please(numbers only and no letters eg: your 10 digit phone number) and click on save settings...
Please make a note of WEP Key 1 as this is the Security Key for the Wireless Network...

Click on Advanced Wireless Settings
Change the Beacon Interval to 75 >>Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304, Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 >>Click on "Save Settings"...
Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect...