lucky8926
Accepted Solution

WRT110 suddenly stopped working

A couple days ago I noticed that my wireless internet connection on my iPhone would cut in and out, then stopped all together. I also had no connection on my mac which is wired to the WRT110. I bypassed the WRT110 and then I had a connection on my Mac meaning the WRT110 is the problem. I haven't changed or added anything lately that could've caused this.... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

lucky8926

Re: WRT110 suddenly stopped working

Anyone???

ARCHANGEL_06

Who's your ISP? What modem are you using? Do you have computers working on it? Or are all of them not working?

Try one of these procedures to get your Internet connection back.

Setting-Up a Linksys Router with Cable Internet Service

Setting-Up a Linksys Router with DSL Internet Service

"Sometimes your knight in shining armor is just a retard in tin foil.."-ARCHANGEL_06
lucky8926

That worked, but now it renamed it to "linksys" and I don't have to type in a password to gain access. I definately want to have password protection, how do I set that up?

Administrator
24JUAN80

Make sure to change the SSID to a unique one.

Do check this link on how to setup your routers password.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lucky8926

Nevermind, I figured it out... Well i'm up and going again, any ideas on why it all of a sudden quit working??

billtinaz

I have a similar problem, but in my case the drop outs are intermittent. Router can drop out 2-4 times a day, and almost always when someone logs in with a new wireless connection (visiting kids, wife on laptop, etc.). Since I run my business virtually and use VOIP, this "crash" problem is driving me nuts!! Also, when I try to access the router information by entering the ISP in a browser to reset or look at the router's setting, nothing I provide in terms of a user name and password works. I'm stuck in a vicious, non-productive cycle!

Help?

dt342

billtinaz,

The problem with the WRT110 router is in the Firmware. You need to update the Firmware but not to a newer version. You need to find version .02 and update your Firmware to that. I had the same exact problem and had fought it for a very long time. I could not connect more than one computer at a time. I would also lose my connection to the one computer that was able to connect quite frequently. After I changed the Firmware all problems were solved.

Try using either  user: admin    password: admin    or just admin in the password line. If this does not work, press the reset button on the back of the router for at least 15 to 20 seconds. This will reset the router to default settings and the admin will work again.

One last note, to update your Firmware you must open the default 192.168.1.1 in Internet Explorer. This router will not allow you to update the Firmware in Firefox. A link to the .02 version of the Firmware should be listed somewhere in this forum.

TooManyCiscos

Just signed up to this forum as a new member.

Totally new to the wireless router / surfing concept.

Wife was just given a wireless Cisco WRT110 router

to bring home from work cause they upgradeed to newer ones.

I can't find the location you speak of on this forum for the

.02 version firmware upgrade for the WRT110 router .

I would like to up-date it when I try to install it , for her to use.

Can you help me out please and provide a direct link to

the .02 firmware upgrade , I don't know my way around this forum.

I would really appreciate it ....... and she would too !

Nate

Expert
iamgiantherockstar

Hi TooManyCiscos and welcome to the forums!

The only firmware available for your device is here and that is the version 1.0.07.