Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
soundsfearsome

WRT120N Intermittent Signal Failure

Hello:

I just bought a WRT120N router a couple of weeks ago and am having intermittent connection issues. The setup was incredibly easy and have successfully setup a home network. 

Basic configuration:

I have a desktop (Windows XP Home) with a wired connection directly to the router since it doesn't have a network card installed. 

I also have a new laptop with Windows 7. I have setup a wireless connection with it to the router.

Setup in my home:

I have my desktop setup lower level in my home with the router. Of course, my laptop is portable.  The router is currently placed immediately next to the desktop and modem.

Other details:

The signal strength to the router is always top notch.  And, my laptop and desktop always seem to connect to my broadcasted SSID just fine.  The problem seems to come from my router to the internet somewhere.  What happens is that without warning, irregularly, and intermittently my wireless connection from my laptop loses internet. 

I have also utilized MAC filtering and entered in my laptop's MAC address, doing the same with my cell phone (which I don't use very often for network connecting purposes, except downloading).

Any ideas?

great_white

Re: WRT120N Intermittent Signal Failure

Login to the setup page of your router and click on the Wireless tab and below change the Wireless Channel to 1 or 11 and click on Save Settings, then click on the sub tab under wireless "Advance Wireless Settings" and below Beacon Interval to 75 >>Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304, Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 >>Click on "Save Settings"...

Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect...