dconsie

WRT120N Losing Wireless Connection

I have a Linksys WRT120n router.  I'm running Windows XP and Windows 7 on four computers in the house.  On the 3 wireless connected laptops, I'll lose the network connection after an hour or so.  The signal strength is always in the "Excellent" or "Very Good" range, yet the connection periodically drops.  Are there settings that I can change to keep the connection from dropping?  It's a frustrating problem.

dconsie

Re: WRT120N Losing Wireless Connection

I forgot to add that I have performed a firmware upgrade to version 1.0.04.

dconsie

bump...

peanuts

You can try changing the settings as mentioned below.

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave username blank & in password use admin in lower case...

- Set the Radio Band to Wide-40MHz and change the Wide channel to 9 and Standard
Channel to 11-2.462GHz...Wireless SSID broadcast should be Enabled and then click on save settings...

Click on Advanced Wireless Settings

Change the Beacon Interval to 75 >>Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304 Change the RTS Threshold to 2307 >>Click on "Save Settings"...

Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect...

kkeough88

I tried the settings and will see if they help with the disconnecting issue. Can you recommend a good resource for me to learn what those settings mean? e.g. what is the difference between 20 wide and 40 wide, etc.  Thanks