Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
cowboysfan09

WRT120N router cuts in and out

I'm sorry if this issue has been addressed elsewhere (I looked before posting).

My router has been cutting in and out since I got the router a few days ago.  I have to turn off my air port, then turn it on again for it to reconnect.  Once a day or so, I have to unplug it, and plug it in again for it to reconnect.  I have a mac, and my modem works fine, but the wireless goes out.

I have tried customer service with my ISP, and they just had me unplug and plug back in everything, leaving my router completely inoperable.  I had to reinstall it on my mac just to get the wireless back to the way it was.  It still cuts in and out every 10 minutes or so, meaning I have to turn on and off the air port to reconnect.  I also have another member of my family on the network, who experiences the same problems.  I tried updating the firmware, but I couldn't complete the update given on the forum instructions because I don't have cisco connect (it says it should be installed automatically, but it isn't on my mac).  I can only log in when I enter my IP address in the web browser.  

Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks.

dudztgp

Re: WRT120N router cuts in and out

Here's the upgrade procedure.

cowboysfan09

When I download the file, it is FW_WRT120N_1.0.04.002.bin, not linksys.zip.   When I log in to my router, it has a slightly different setup, but most importantly, it doesn't have "config" management option under the administration tab.  As a result, I am unable to do this update.  Thanks.

dudztgp

It should be under Administration tab, Firmware Upgrade sub-tab.
cowboysfan09

This just doesn't work because when I go to reset the router during the upgrade, I can't use it again.  I have to reinstall the software.

dudztgp

What software are you referring to that you will reinstall? You reset the router during the upgrade? Did you finish the upgrade before resetting?
The Production House

Re: WRT120N and WAG 160N router cuts out

We have had 3 different Linksys / Cisco routers over the last few years, and each of them have had the problem of the wifi cutting out several times a day and requiring a re-boot. We upgraded the Firmware on the last WAG 160N as instructed but to no avail. We could stand the problem no longer and 3 days ago we bought a Netgear N300 DGND3300 modem router. Absolutely perfect. We unfortunately will not be returning to Cisco. This problem is mentioned by many people om the internet and needs to be sorted out before you lose more clients!