professorlayton
Accepted Solution

WRT150N Access Restrictions Not Working

[ Edited ]

Good day everyone.

I read posts that were similar to my problem in the forum but none of the solutions suggested solved my current quandary.

I am using a WRT150N with firmware v1.00.5. I have a Linux setup with Squid connected to the network with the gateway 192.168.23.254. The WRT150N has a gateway of 192.168.23.1. The WRT150N is also connected to an Apple Base Station which serves as the Access Point for WiFi users.

Squid limits access for IP addresses listed under the .254 gateway. But once I change my gateway to 23.1, everything is accessible. I want to block sites as well on the WRT150N. But every time I try to put a new Access Restriction, it doesn't work.

accessrestriction1.jpg

I put in the IP Addresses on which to apply this restriction:

accessrestriction2.jpg

The reason it skips addresses is because, the addresses are reserved. I click on Save Settings here and I save the settings again on the main page.

Everytime I try to test it on the given addresses, I can still access the pages. Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you in advance for your answers. :smileyhappy:

saber_tooth

Re: WRT150N Access Restrictions Not Working

Try to upgrade/ re flash the firmware on your router.

Connect computer with the Ethernet cable to the router Ethernet port.

Download the firmware from the Linksys website .

Open the setup page of the router.

Go to the Administration tab and go to the sub tab Firmware upgrade.

Browse and select the downloaded firmware and upgrade the firmware .

After upgrading the firmware reset and reconfigure the router settings manually .

And see if that helps you .

professorlayton

This did the trick :smileyhappy: Thank you saber_tooth!

I was only worried that something might happen when I update the firmware, so I don't update it. :smileyhappy: Thanks again!

Though a new problem has arised, but I'll put that in another topic :smileyhappy:

darklatency

help!!!!! i'm having problems downloading firmware and they dont support it anymore nor allow us to dl it. what can i do? also is this router a good router?

jaymay

darklatency wrote:

help!!!!! i'm having problems downloading firmware and they dont support it anymore nor allow us to dl it. what can i do? also is this router a good router?

Yes, the firmware is no longer available for download in linksys' website. This router is kinda an older model already. But you could try to seach here in the forums to check if there are user's who still have a copy of the firmware. You could also try searching in the web for other sites that has still the firmware.