Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
spartan268

WRT160N Issues

Lately i have been getting a lot of issues.

1. Sometime when im playing my PS3, i get disconnected from servers, then disconnected forom the access point. At this point i cannot log back in, the internet or wireless gets disabled even though the light is on. It returns later on at a random point though but its been getting pretty frequent. Any help on this issue? My PS3 is in DMZ(Through MAC address, not static IP), i have ports forwarded for it even though it was unnessecery but i cant tell whether the DMZ works so i did it anyways. And i Have QoS enabled to give my PS3 highest priority. 

2. I also have a PSP as well thats doesnt even connect at all. Everytime i try it says, "A connection error has occured. A connection to the access point could not be established. Check the security settings for the network and try again" I tried disabling my WPA2 protection still doesnt work. It only works when its on Wireless-B only, but not a mixed mode both for N/G/B, and G/B. But when i returned to factory default settings on my router, it then was able to connect successfully even on mixed mode.

Currently my only lead is that one of my settings are interfering with the function of my PSP, and the PS3 problem i have no clue, besides unstable connection of 50% but i have been able to play perfectly before in the past.

dibbler

Re: WRT160N Issues

You should adjust the wireless parameters/settings on your linksys router...

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1
Leave username blank & in password use admin in lower case...
For Wireless Settings, please do the following : -
Click on the Wireless tab
-Here select manual configuration...Wireless Network mode should be mixed...
-Provide a unique name in the Wireless Network Name (SSID) box in order to differentiate your network from your neighbours network...

- Set the Radio Band to Standard-20MHz and change the Standard channel to 11-2.462GHz...Wireless SSID broadcast should be Enabled and then click on Save Settings...
Please make a note of Wireless Network Name (SSID) as this is the Network Identifier...
For Wireless Security : -
Click on the Sub tab under Wireless > Wireless Security...
Change the Wireless security mode to WEP, Encryption should be 64 bits.Leave the passphrase blank, don't type in anything...
Under WEP Key 1 type in any 10 numbers please(numbers only and no letters eg: your 10 digit phone number) and click on save settings...
Please make a note of WEP Key 1 as this is the Security Key for the Wireless Network...

Click on Advanced Wireless Settings
Change the Beacon Interval to 75 >>Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304, Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 >>Click on "Save Settings"...
Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect...

spartan268

Thank you for so far.

I will test this on my PS3 tom, but today before i made changes my PS3 dident even lag on me while i had a headset on. Normally it does, and i dident even alter it from the last time i tried and it lagged. Weird. 

As for my PSP. 

I think it made progress, but a new error has came now. 

"A connection error has occured. The connection to the access point has timed out." And the WIFI light flickers occasionally when its trying, before it stayed blank. 

Any more suggestions?

Expert
sabretooth

Check to see if you have version 2 V2 of this router.  If yes, there is a known issue and the firmware must be downgraded.

Go here http://audipages.com/router/ for instructions to downgraded.  Once done, power cycle the router and reconfigure.

spartan268

On my router page it just says WRT160N, no v2.

Same with the bottom