Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fekore

WRT160N V3 Flashing Lights

[ Edited ]

Hello, i've had several cases of where my power goes out and I come home to find my Linksys WRT106N V3 flashing. Now it's specific to the lights and the only ones flashing are the 4 Ethernet lights and the Global world icon. I've tried a hard reset (30/30/30) but unfortunately that is ineffective. I was reading similar problems and someone mentioned a capacitator problem within the router so that may be the case but i'm unsure. Someone also said that they did the 30/30/30 and tried "pulsing" the router after and it worked but i'm unsuccessfull when I attempt that. I've left it plugged in overnight and came and did a power cycle and it started working again but at the cost of inconvience on my part.

I'm wondering if anybody has a working solution or knows why this problem occurs! I've upgraded my firmware to the latest when my router was working yesterday and it's been working for several months with this occasional problem after a blackout etc.

RogerSC

Re: WRT160N V3 Flashing Lights

I have my router plugged into a UPS, so I don't have power fail/brownout problems with it.  Also have my cable modem plugged into the same UPS.  Works well for me.

Just an idea.

Fekore

That's be a good idea but my computer workstation is in a very confined area and I don't think i'd have much physical room to add another peripheral.

I'm more puzzled about why my router has not reset after a 30/30/30 and why the "off time" of my router get longer and longer with every power outage.

Klatch

Press the reset button for atleast 1 minute .

Unplug the power from your Linksys router and wait for 1 minute .

Plug the power back and wait for the lights to come .

What about the Power light is that flashing also ?

Fekore

Well I unplugged my router overnight and then reconnected it in the morning and that fixed the problem.

Ironically another problem has appeared, all 4 Ethernet lights are lit up (not blinking at all) and the Global sign is also a solid lit blue. Going to research a little bit on my own and leave it unplugged overnight and hopefully that will fix things. I'm starting to get annoyed at this product I purchased now.

Mort

You got the power light solid on the router .

Connect the computer to the Ethernet port on your Linksys router and check the IP Address .

If you are getting valid IP as : 192.168.1.XXX .

First upgrade the firmware .

After upgrading the firmware , reset and reconfigure the router .

See if that helps you .

Fekore

I have upgraded the firmware to the latest and reconfigured my router back to the previous settings but this was after it was already working. Another power outage last night from heavy rainfall caused the router to go back to being unresponsive so now I'm stuck at square one.