Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WASHDC

WRT160N Won't Connect With Windows Mobile Device

I had another wireless router for years that connected almost instantly to my Windows Mobile 6.1 handheld device.  I switched to the WRT160N and it works great with my wireless laptops.  The device does not even show up in my available device lists on my Windows Mobile phone with wi-fi.  I tried manually connecting and it does not work.  I tried all of the other security settings, it does not work. The phone manufacturer (not the sevice provider which is Verizon) has acknowledged that they are having calls only about Cisco branded routers.  Does anyone have a solution?

gandalf

Re: WRT160N Won't Connect With Windows Mobile Device

This could be the Issue if you have set your Router to Wi-Fi Protected mode.

Login to your Router and you can change it to Manul Setup for Wireless settings on your Router...

Mode : Mixed, SSID : (Unique Name) , Radio Band : Std 20MHz, Standard Channel : 11. SSID Broadcast : Enable. 

After this try to search for a Wireless network on you Windows Mobile.

WASHDC

Minus the channel suggestion, which I will need to check, I have already tried all of these changes.   I tried all of these ideas prior to seeking additional help here or calling Linksys.  Linksys tech support also made similar suggestions, I told them I had already thought of these changes and it didn't make any difference.  Someone suggested there were multiple packet issues with Cisco routers - which can be handled by laptops but which Mobile devices have trouble recognizing.  But quite frankly that is above my pay grade.
Nijnemans

I have exactly the same problem. My phone has Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard installed on it. The only option that worked was to turn off the security completely but this is not a solution. Turning on the wireless security WPA2 Personal with TKIP or AES made the router disappear again. I need TKIP for my wireless VOIP phone so using the TKIP or AES is required.

Suggestions anyone?

I had exactly the same problem. Tried the live technical support chat but didn't solve the problem. Resorted to random changing of settings and discovered if I changed the router setting Wireless -> Basic Wireless Settings - Network mode from 'Mixed' to 'BG-Mixed' my Windows Mobile 6.1 device found the network and happily connects with WPA2
Nijnemans

You Hero!! Multi multi thanks. :smileyvery-happy: Changing the network mode works like a charm.