Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
rogerwang

WRT160N can't connect to internet

Help! My WRT160N can't connect to internet. The wireless is working well. I can get private IP address: 192.168.1.100 but not internet. I used IE to access 192.168.1.1 and from Status I found there is no public IP address in router's internet connect. I refleshed, ip released and renewed and get nothing. I connected cable to my laptop directly then I got internet. So it looks like it's my WRT160N's problem.

What should I do next? Please help me out! Thanks in advance!

Shylamarks

Re: WRT160N can't connect to internet

I have a wireless router (WRT160N) and a modem and I have wireless. My host computer works great, but when I try to use a laptop or my xbox 360, my internet doesn't work. I can connect to the network, but connection to internet is unavailable.

wakahaki

I have the same problem. It's really strange, because by cable I have always Internet, and by wireless only sometimes, even If I'm close to router and have excelent connection. Any ideas? Can it be a problem because I connect to router 4 computers at the same time?

Looking forward to your help

sunwatcher

To rogerwang:

Do you have the WRT160N Internet Setup set for "Automatic Configuration - DHCP"?

Who is your ISP?  It may be a case where you need to clone the MAC of your PC to your router if your service is tied to the MAC address.

rogerwang

Hi Sunwatcher, I appreciate your reply very much! I'm using "Automatic Configuration - DHCP". My ISP is Shaw Cable in Calgary. Everything went well before last Thursday. I didn't use MAC clone before but wireless and internet both worked very well. I can get my private IP on my laptop, public IP on WRT160n. I didn't make any change but now I can still get my private IP from router but router can't get public IP from ISP. I'm not sure about MAC clone but I will try it and tell you the result. Thanks Again!
binky

If your Internet Service Provider is Cable follow this link

If your Internet Service Provider is DSL follow this link
rogerwang

Hi everyone, I truely thank you guys' help!

I've solved problem. It's not MAC clone issue. I did like following:

Change the Radio Band to Standard-20MHz and change the Standard channel to 11-2.462GHz...Under Advanced Wireless Settings..Change the Beacon Interval to 75,Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304,Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 and Click on Save Settings... 

I got this information from dibbler in another posting and it worked.

I don't quite understand it actually. I'll appreciate if someone can explain a little bit. Why to change Radio Band? I thought it was about wireless network and not related with internet? And for Beacon interval,Fragmentation Threshold, RTS Threshold, how did you figure out those number?