rachious4o8

Re: WRT160NL windows 7 storage disk not working

Alright People im about to give you the down low on the techno

So...

All of your problems are the same ones i had. hard drive not showing up ect...

back up all your files and then format the Drive

1) down load the new firmware http://www.linksysbycisco.com/SA/en/support/WRT160NL/download

restart the router. Unplug wait for 10 sec....

2) go to 192.168.1.1 and then storage, you should now see your hard drive. make a partition (share) and put bot the admin and guest to approved or how ever you want to do it.

3) then go to administration under storage and set up your groups and users (don't **bleep** it because you will need 1 for every user/computer).

4) you should now be able to go to network and see network infrastructure and that means you can now map your disks. so go to my computer and click map network drive. browse and under the router you will find the name of your disk and select it. click connect using different credentials and put your user name and password you used before.

for me i have to go into another folder past this that is called sda1 but it might be different for you guys. So dont think right away you screwed up.

1-800-lnksys or you can send me and email at rachious4o8@gmail.com

rachious4o8

You have to network the drive. My computer-right click-Map network drive select the drive and then select use other credentials and then put in your user name and password

rachious4o8

O and make sure that its under the correct WORKGROUPE

sctmike

WRT160NL windows 7 storage disk not working

northvanmike

rachious4o8 is correct. map a drive and its done. very easy.
lukyy

Guys I'm confused on your router firmware to DD-WRT v24-SP2 and now my yellow light is constantly burning, which is midway between the blue lights. Is this something wrong ...???
Thanks

zstoimenov

My My book Essential 1TB does not work neither with my Windows 7, nor with my Macbook. I can't see the HDD in Network (on PC) and my Macbook gives me "Connection failed" when connecting to server. I tried everything. HELP please!

MONK

Been trying to get this working for several days and as I work with cisco kit, windows and linux systems all the time you can guess I have a reasonable clue of what I am doing.

The product as far as I can tell is simply broken.

So I am left with either buying a different product or trying out some opensource firmware which will void my warranty.  http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

So just to make it completely clear, I AM VERY, VERY UNIMPRESSED WITH CISCO!

Should have paid through the noise and gone Draytek.

a1234567890

Had the same problem. I have fairly good knowledge of networking etc. Firmware update (1.0.02 build 5) fixed the issue for me. Best of luck.

johnnia

How do use the .bin file from the download. DO I neeed to extract it and then burn it to a CD? Is there a free utilitty I can do that with? Or recemmend something?