Platinum WoW
Accepted Solution

WRT160Nv2 - Don't Know Username and Password

Hello, im trying to access my Wireless router via 192.168.1.1   

When it asks for username and password i did..

Username: (BLANK)

Password: admin

But it didn't work, i think i may have changed the password at one time but im not sure. Is there anyway to check the password and username?

Cheers,

Platinum WoW

toomanydonuts

Re: WRT160Nv2 - Don't Know Username and Password

[ Edited ]

The User Name is always blank.  The password is whatever you made it.

There is no way to find the password for your router if you do not know it.  If you cannot remember your password, you will need to reset the router to factory defaults (by using the reset button), then setup the router again.

Note:  When you try to access your router's setup at 192.168.1.1 , you should always use a computer that is wired to the router.

Message Edited by toomanydonuts on 07-12-2009 03:03 AM
Platinum WoW

Thank you very much! That worked perfectly!
oook

By default all the Linksys router use the Default password "admin" .

Good to know that now your problem is solve and your able to browse the setup page of your Router :smileyhappy:

pepperspray990

what happens when i reset the router? do all securities go down? how do i redo everything?

klubkyd

WRT54G2 Lost Username Help!

I have in the past been able to access the router without knowing the username by resetting it, but for some reason it always seems to revert back to some random or previously used name.  Yet for the life of me I cannot recall (and I have tried multiple times) to input commonly used names.  Recently my roommate got an IPad 2 and I tried to connect it.  All the instructions found here refer me back to the router config, which I am unable to access without the name, is there any way to reset the name of the router without resetting the the router or to permanently set a name once it has been reset?