Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
connmark

WRT300N - All lights, no action

Worked fine for months then just stopped.  Broadband Internet working fine with direct link to computer.  Insert the router and no signal to the computer.  Tested cables.  Reset the router.  Nothing helps.  Symptoms: All ethernet lights on router constantly on whether cables are plugged in or not.  Internet light appears.  No wireless light at all.  Expensive modem in important location.  Grateful for any help.

iNB
iNB

Re: WRT300N - All lights, no action

had a similar issue with this router and had to replace it, i hope it's still under warranty.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ps. i am not a tech, i just play one on tv!
pps. free speech is a human right! join Reporters Without Borders (http://en.rsf.org/) and help save the planet from censorship predators!
binky

Hard-reset the router for 1 minute and power cycle it.Now,check the light status on the router.It it's ok then,try to re-configure the router as per the ISP settings.

If your Internet Service Provider is Cable follow this link

If your Internet Service Provider is DSL follow this link

johnfetterolf

I have the same symptoms after purchasing an Xbox and trying to get it to play.  I followed the directions perfectly before I realized they were for the WRT160Nv2  (Re: WRT160Nv2 Xbox Live Strict Nat and Need Open Nat.) 

Once I plugged the power back in on the WRT300N, all Ethernet lights are on and the internet light is also on steady, power on dim.  The unit does not respond (lights) Tx/Rx to a PC with an Ethernet cable.  I've tried pulling the power for several minutes (no change) and pressing and holding the reset button (no effect).  Help!  I think I just made myself an expensive doorstop.  :smileysad: