beamerman1

WRT300N all lights blinking and no connectivity to it.

Hopping someone can help me with this and that my router is not fried.

All is original, no firmware updates done to it.  All of a sudden all lights on the front started to randomly blink.

I cannot get wireless or wired connectivity to the router.  I figured that I might flash it, but when connecting to the LAN Port, my PC NIC status states "cable not connected".  I tried all 4 ports and also tried to reset the router by holding the reset button for at least 30 sec (held it for about 1 min) and still nothing happens and lights keep blinking.

Is there any way that I can get to it to try to flash/reset it or is it toast?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.

Bigmatt

Re: WRT300N all lights blinking and no connectivity to it.

Your resetting it wrong, hold the reset button for 30 seconds and then unplug the power cable for 1 minute.
GoodLuck

Matt :smileyhappy:
beamerman1

Thanks for the quick reply Matt.

I will give that a try when I get home.  Also, should I continue holding the reset button while the power cable is disconnected.  Also, do I need to keep holding when putting the power cable back in (if yes, for how long)? 

Again, appreciate all the help.

Thanks.

Bigmatt

No after 30 seconds or so of holding the button you can stop pressing it and then just unplug the power and leave it alone.
GoodLuck

Matt :smileyhappy:
beamerman1

I got a chance to try your suggestion, but unfortunatly it did not work.
After the reset, the lights are still blinking randomly and I cannot ping the router from any of the ports.

by the way I manually set PC's IP to 192.168.1.3 and tried to ping 192.168.1.1.  Also, tried to use tftp, but it is not finding the router.

Is my router fried or do I still have some hope?

Thanks.