AirNavy

WRT310N - Routing by Inbound IP

Hello,

Just bought the WRT310N. Very fast and slick. But where in the name of God is the "From IP Address" field in the Port Range Forwarding menu? Even my older router was able to make a route "to" an IP address, but also "from" an IP address regardless the port range used.

So what if, let's say, I want to route all WAN IP addresses inbound packets on port 5060 to 192.168.0.100, with the exception of one WAN IP address inbound packets on port 5060 to 192.168.0.125 ?

Right now I'm assuming I could not, as there is no FROM field in the Port Range Forwarding. The router will treat every packet using the same port, regardless of its origin, with the same forwarding rule.

Did anyone else got caught in this pitfall?

Cheers!

Charlie.

Expert
Expert

Re: WRT310N - Routing by Inbound IP

The router only supports a single public IP address. If it accepts packets for other public IP addresses as well, you are lucky. It won't distinguish between them, though.
scrooge

Well would suggest you to assign the public Ip address to your pc & it will definately work.

Expert
Expert

No, scrooge, it definitively won't work. You cannot assign public IP addresses to PCs with a WRT310N. Nor can you simply setup a public IP address on a PC inside your LAN. It will definitively not work.