Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
zanejordan

WRT310N- error 321 - ethernet cable not connected

During the cd installation process, after step 4 (waiting for router), error message 321 appears, saying that my ethernet cord is not connected, although it is. Before buying the router, i just used the modem with a usb cable, and thats the only way i get connection from my modem now. any tips on how to get my ethernet cable to work? ive tried power cycling. I am trying to use this router so my brother can have wireless connection.
zanejordan

Re: WRT310N- error 321 - ethernet cable not connected

also, its not the actual cable, because i have tried 3 different ethernet cables, alll unsuccessful
Sean-Knight

zanejordan wrote:
also, its not the actual cable, because i have tried 3 different ethernet cables, alll unsuccessful

Hi

Dont go with the error , i came across such instances on a few occasions while users were installing it from CD . (Sounds lamme?right)

try doing the set up manually , by accessing the web ui of router .
open internet explorer , type 192.168.1.1 and enter.

let me know whats the status?

"What u Give , is wht u better start expecting to take back".. - http://Forsakenbliss.wordpress.com
zanejordan

I just recently spoke with someone on the live chat help, and she ran me through the manual setup. Does this mean that I don't need to use the CD anymore?
Sean-Knight

zanejordan wrote:
I just recently spoke with someone on the live chat help, and she ran me through the manual setup. Does this mean that I don't need to use the CD anymore?

Well , u are pretty smart .

yep , indeed .

There is no need to run the CD if u are setting up the router manually.
and ofcourse in the midst you will get to learn a lot of things as well .(dats the positive part .)

and i wont be surprise , seeing u posting answers here sometimes later on ! (sounds good.) ! :smileywink:

"What u Give , is wht u better start expecting to take back".. - http://Forsakenbliss.wordpress.com
zanejordan

Oooh hate to ruin the positive vibe, but the router doesnt seem to have internet connection. My brother's adapter has a 92% signal from the router, yet no connection. The only reason I have it is because I also have a usb connected to the modem. I guess my modem hates ethernet cords. Any ideas?
Sean-Knight

zanejordan wrote:
Oooh hate to ruin the positive vibe, but the router doesnt seem to have internet connection. My brother's adapter has a 92% signal from the router, yet no connection. The only reason I have it is because I also have a usb connected to the modem. I guess my modem hates ethernet cords. Any ideas?

hi

Sighs , dont connect the USB from modem ?
ur modem can only handle one device at a time .
so let modem be connected to router with ethernet cord only!!

see if it resolves the issue !

zanejordan

Sorry to say, but that didnt work either. I restarted my computer, and power cycled. No luck. Anything else that could help?
Sean-Knight

zanejordan wrote:
Sorry to say, but that didnt work either. I restarted my computer, and power cycled. No luck. Anything else that could help?

Hi

who is ur ISP?
zanejordan

time warner cable