Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sharpie357

WRT310N just won't work

[ Edited ]

My router is a Cisco Linksys WRT310N ver. 1. 

When I first got the router, I successfully installed it and was able to access the internet all the way until my tech support warranty expired. Six days after it expired, I had to reset my modem due to a problem connection, and have been unable to access the internet with that router ever since. I am currently connected to the internet with a Netgear router with the same cords that came with the Linksys router. I have tried multiple times to run the installation CD with the Linksys. The installation software says that installation was successful. I am able to access the router by typing in my local IP, and I am able to access the other computers on my network. But I cannot access the internet on any device. I am running the most current firmware, 1.0.10. All four lights, one for each device, are lit, as well as the three lights on the right indicating that it is receiving internet, wireless ready, and powered on.

My network consists of three desktops and an Xbox360 ALL with wired connections. I am using the Linksys router to connect these directly to the modem. 

How can I access the internet?

Corleone

Re: WRT310N just won't work

You can try to  reset and reconfigure the router manually without the installation disc.

Who is your Internet Service Provider?

Sharpie357

I've tried that. No change. Thanks anyway.

My ISP is Comcast. This is one of their reccomended routers, but the Netgear (the one that works) isn't. 

forsaken

Have you done Mac Address Clone after you reset the router?

Open the Setup page of the router using 192.168.1.1 ( Leave user name blank and password "admin" )

Under the Setup go to the sub tab Mac Address Clone.

Enable it and Clink on Clone My PC MAC and Save the Settings.

Go to Wireless tab change the wireless network name and Save the Settings.

Go to the sub tab Wireless Security,Select the wireless security mode and enter the password. Save the Settings.

Once you done with the above steps. Go to the Status tab and Check if you have the Internet IP Address.

If it is like 0.0.0.0 , Power cycle the router and the Modem.

Again Open the setup page of the router and Check the Internet IP Address.

If it is not all 0's Check if you are able to access the Internet.

Sharpie357

Ok, after trying what forsaken suggested, I was able to replace my 0.0.0.0 IP with a valid IP, but I still couldn't access the internet. My brother walked in the room and asked what I was doing. I told him and he asked why. He then proceeded to reset the router to factory defaults and now it works. . .

I may or may not have done this before, but I'm 73% sure I did. 

Kudos to all for helping me! 

Thanks

forsaken

Great...Good to know that it is working...:smileyhappy: