Administrator

WRT3200ACM and WRT32X Firmware update available 1-11-2018

[ Edited ]

Greetings All,

Today I am happy to announce firmware to help resolve the issues that people have been running into with their WRT routers with networks that have Android devices on them.

I will keep the overall description short here, but this firmware incorporates a new WLAN driver that will help mitigate an issue that was discovered where Android devices coming in and out of sleep mode would crash the Wireless Network.

Both of these firmwares will eventually make their way to our update servers for regular download, however decided that a month of this issue is long enough for us to post this for all of you that have been following this in the community to download and use while we go through our final QA checks that are required before putting it on the update server. 

As of now I feel very comfortable with releasing these to everyone since we have had approximately 50 people actively Beta testing over the past week and a half or so.

For everyone with the WRT3200ACM you can download your firmware directly from this link and install it manually by logging into your router UI and going to to the Connectivity Tab > Manual Update

WRT3200ACM FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD LINK

Link: WRT3200ACM Firmware Download                                    

For customers that have the WRT32X router you can install this firmware by logging into your router and going to

Router Administration > Manual Update 

WRT32X FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD LINK

Link: WRT32X Firmware Download

Expiry Date: 1/26/2018                                                                                      

Overall we believe these builds will take care of the majority of issues that everyone has been seeing. We have been very successful in the BETA tests, and also in our internal tests on these. With that said though there could be a few scenarios out there that we were not able to test for or discover as part of the Beta.

While we expect these builds will take care of your issues if you do continue to see any odd behavior please do reach out to me via PM so we can gather more detail. 

Since this issue has been ongoing for awhile I have some concern that people may have had a few other issues that got lumped into this larger one. With the release of this firmware we are going to try to work through some of the more edge cases we noticed that did not fit the main issue, but could still be present. 

I appreciate everyones patience while we worked through this issue, and just wanted to say thank you to everyone that shared Sysinfo files, Packet Captures, Answered Surveys etc. to help us truly isolate this, and get to a root cause. I am happy to say that it was the help of people here in the community that got us to these firmware releases.

Once again any feedback regarding the performance of these builds please do not hesitate to let me know. I will be checking the threads today and tomorrow, but am hopeful that I can actually take the weekend off Smiley Happy

Also it appears that google has posted this as a known issue as of 1-17-2018. If you want to have a look you can visit that link here.

https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7634752?hl=en&ref_topic=7071995

Best Regards,

Lucas

Re: WRT3200ACM and WRT32X Firmware update available 1-11-2018

While I share your excitement with this news, I feel compelled to point out that the two links in your post go to the same WRT3200 FTP Firmware. Is this an error or is the firmware the same as for the 32X?

Administrator

[ Edited ]

raynjamin wrote:

While I share your excitement with this news, I feel compelled to point out that the two links in your post go to the same WRT3200 FTP Firmware. Is this an error or is the firmware the same as for the 32X?

updated. was too busy proofreading the rest of the post, didn't double check my links.

Thanks for the catch Ray Smiley Happy

This is fantastic news.  I've been running the beta provided by Lucas since last night without a single issue.  I'm sure this new build will be even better.  Thanks Lucas for all of your help in solving this.

installed and up and running on 32x Smiley Tongue

INSTALLED! Thanks Lucas and the team that got this fixed.

Is this the firmware with the permanent fix, or does this detect the network is down and restart the wifi?

apastusak, actual fix

Excellent news!

Lucas, you need to take a week off now.

Now I just need a new version fo DD-WRT with this updated Marvell driver.

Lucas thank you for helping get this resolved. You deserve a raise and some time off. Many took frustrations out on you and you pushed through and just wanted to know that you have another greatful user out there