Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
FL-Hunter

WRT320N Firmware Issue 1.0.04

I have a WRT320N router which was working fine on firmware version 1.0.03.  I decided to upgrade the firmware to bring it to its most recent version as I do with all my clients; now on firmware version 1.0.04.  After the firmware upgrade I reset the router, then power cycled it.  Re-entered all the settings into the router and all seemed to be well with the exception of certain devices (not all of them) would be physically connected to the router, but not get traffic through the router to the Internet.  This is happening to both wireless and hardwired devices.  I have spent weeks troubleshooting this issue with resetting/power cycling etc.  I have pin pointed the problem to this, If I go into the routers firmware from any computer, go to any router setting page, change nothing and just click "Save Settings" on any page within, the other devices start working for a limited time then they loose their connection again.  I have a few Ipod iTouch Gen4's with the problem, some Gen1's don't have the issue, some Windows7 hardwired PC's have the issue, some don't, I have a few older XP pc's that don't have the issue, some Wii consoles no problem, some LG cellphones have the problem.  It's completely random here except for the devices that work, work all the time and the ones that don't, consistantly don't work all the time unless I click save settings in the router.  I have not tried going back to the previous version of the firmware because the linksys people claim to not have previous versions which I know is total **bleep** because I have gotten them in the past.

I need help here.  I need a resolution on this problem  I have 20 clients that I have upgraded and all of them have the exact same issue here.  This is obviously a programming issue within this new version of the firmware. 

Addtional information:  All my clients connect to the Internet via At&t DSL(old Bellsouth customers) modems connected to the WAN port.  If that has any bearing on the issue.

I know someone out there will have the answer.

Thanks.

binky

Re: WRT320N Firmware Issue 1.0.04

You can try to Upload the firmware again on your Router and then reset your router and re-configure all the settings on it again and then check if you are facing the same problem or not.

FL-Hunter

I attempted to re-upload the firmware to one of these routers and it failed 3 times before finally taking.  Reset the router and reconfigured settings.  Problem remains the same.

I'm game for any other suggestions here.  I even have an open case and Linksys STILL has not contacted me on this.  No surprise here.

mcannon-gso

Have you tried to downgrade back to 1.0.03 ?

I always keep past firmwares to resolve issue like this one..

FL-Hunter

I would if I had it.  There is no way to download it from the linksys website without their secret links, nor can you back it up from within the router.

Mort

It is not possible to downgrade the firmware as it is not available on Linksys website. I think we need to wait for the new firmware release.

eeckmann

I have the exact same issue with this firmware. With 1.0.03 I was having wireless problems which went away with 1.0.04 but the connection drop to Internet started with this firmware. It happens 2 - 5 times a day. Very annoying. I use Vonage and work from home. This is not acceptable. We need a new firmware ASAP. Cisco, if you need logs or any other information to resolve this, please ask.

ABoxall

I have EXACTLY the same issue.

I was also told I could not get the previous firmware version.   I don't understand that reasoning.. how about giving at least the previous version please!

For me it seems related to the Access Restrictions settings.

Any device that is referenced in the Access Restrictions will eventually lose internet access.

If I disable the rule it immediately allows the device to reach the internet.

Note: I was using my main PC to configure the router.   It lost internet access but I could access the router.  Once I disabled the rule it started working again.   No reboot/restart required just had to save the rule.

ABoxall

Update to my previous append.

First... 1.0.04 is flawed.   It breaks access restrictions.  If I don't use that section the router appears to work ok.

SInce I need Access restrictions I managed to find the 1.0.03 firmware by googling for it.

I found it on a website that archives drivers and firmware that works with xbox live.  

Search for "unofficialguidetolive" and you will find it.

It took 2 tries to load the firmware but I now have my router back at 1.0.03 and it is working fine.   I'll wait for Cisco to fix the newer firmware before moving up and I'm keeping a copy of the older firmware so I can go back.

Nasser

I have the same problem.  I have more than 20 clients in my network and I use "Access Restriction" to prevent internet access for some clients during some times of the day. Ever since I upgraded the firmware from version 1.0.03 to version 1.0.04 , the restriction policy of the router would not work at all. I was with linksys tech support for hours and did all what they told me to do. Unfortunately no luck. They would not give me the old firmware version which was working fine with me. Finally they told me that the router is damaged. I would not believe it is damaged. The router is 3 weeks old.  I'm sure that there is a bug with 1.0.04. Does anyone have the old firmware version 1.0.03?