Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
bookworm589

WRT32ON Wireless - and iPad WiFi setup

How do I set up my iPad2 to use my home WiFi using WRT320N Cicsco router?
brickmonkey

Re: WRT32ON Wireless - and iPad WiFi setup

Check SSID and and the encryption key from the Router setup page.... Then follow the following steps to connect the iPad2...

Turn on the iPad/iPad 2 and tap [Settings] at the Home Screen [ Press the Home button located underneath the screen frame to go back to this screen ]....

Tap [General].Tap [Keyboard].Tap [International Keyboards].Check "English" is available.Tap [Wi-Fi] from the menu.

Make sure the "Wi-Fi" button is ON.Wait for a while until the SSID searching gets completed.If the "OFF" button appears, a

wireless feature is disabled.Tap the button to enable a wireless connection.

Tap the SSID from the Step1 under "Choose a Network...".If the SSID cannot be found, scroll the list to check it.A key

symbol appears because the wireless connection is encrypted.

The screen to enter an encryption key (password) appears.

Tap the encryption key written down. Then tap [Join].The encryption key is case-sensitive.

When the icon of completing a wireless connection is displayed on the upper left of the screen, the setup is complete.

Press the Home button and tap [Safari] to connect to the internet.When the internet screen appears, the setup is complete.

gsirkin

How do I access the Router setup page?  I'm trying to follow the instructions to connect my iPad2 to my home WiFi.

Thank you.

Administrator
24JUAN80

Type 192.168.1.1 in your browsers address field.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
danksmith

I did as instructed below and accessed the Router Setup Page.

First, with dual band router, linksys set up both a 5 Ghz network AND a 2.4 Ghz network.  Two networks!  (Which to select?  Tried both, neither works)

Going to IPAD, Settings, Wi-Fi networks, the IPAD finds them both.  Selecting either of them asks for a password.  I enter the CORRECT network security key which results in the  error message "Incorrect password for 'SSID'".  It is NOT the incorrect password!!!!  CAPS LOCK is not the problem.

A key symbol does NOT appear when I select the SSID.  Just a pop-up asking for the password.

Why does the IPAD refuse to accept the correct Password?   

I also tried General, Reset, Reset Network Settings in IPAD.

Hinmonser

I am having the same issue.  My iPad 2 will not accept the correct network password.  Grrr.   Cisco no help at all.  Live chat said power off the router...DUH!!  I am stuck.

Hinmonster

Expert
sabretooth

Connect a wired computer to the router and see if you can access the admin pages with that password.

wizpaw

i am tring to setup a NOOK and i need a password for my linksys connection

RogerSC

Is this a 2.4GHz wireless device?   Have you set up security for your wireless yet on your router?  If not, go ahead and do that, and after you've selected WPA, you will have the enter a "passphrase", which is what you would use with your NOOK as a "password" for the wireless.  If you have already configured wireless security on your router, just use the same passcode that you would use on a laptop on your NOOK.

Multipagos

I need the password to acces my ipad with wi-fi