Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
RogerSC

Re: WRT32ON Wireless - and iPad WiFi setup

Multipagos wrote:

I need the password to acces my ipad with wi-fi

Well, log into your router's web GUI at http://192.168.1.1 on a computer that has a wired connection to the router, and go into the wireless configuration section.  The go into the security mode setup, and see what you have.  WPA or WPA2 security mode is highly recommended.  If you don't have WPA or WPA2 currently set, select that, and set your passphrase.  If you already do have WPA or WPA2 set up, then make a note of the passphrase you see there.  That's the password that you need when you set up your wireless connection on your iPad.  And you'll need to set the same security mode on your iPad, as well (unless it figures it out by itself, that happens) .

All of the above is much easier if you have downloaded your router's user guide from Linksys Support.  Highly recommmended *smile*.

baindu kallon

I don't know my SSID and WEP/WAP key where it's located? Please I need to set up the network to my TV can u help me! Thanks and have a good 9t

Brenda

baindu kallon wrote:

I don't know my SSID and WEP/WAP key where it's located? Please I need to set up the network to my TV can u help me! Thanks and have a good 9t

You can check those, If you hardwired your laptop/pc directly to the router and access the web interface. As for linksys routers, you need to type 192.168.1.1 to your browser and type "admin" for password, leaving the username blank.

Why will it not except my password?

lmill374@aol.com

I need a password for my ipad2.

Expert
iamgiantherockstar

What is the model of your Linksys device? If it is asking for a password then your network is already configured wireless security. How many computers do you have?

tentflap@hotmail.com

"Cisco is there for you, with warranty and support services you can count on, no matter when you purchased your Linksys product."  (from this website's home page)

See above quote and disregard it.   I have a new ipad and I called Cisco this evening because I cannot locate my password  (the perils of having your college student son do a set up for you!) and wanted instructions on how to retrieve it - surely it was saved somewhere on my system?  (so that I can connect to my new ipad, of course).  I was told, after giving my name, telephone number and email address and router model number that it was 'out of warranty' and they can do nothing for me unless I purchase one of two premium services at either 29.95 pr 39.95 (whereupon they can presumably help me).    Merry Christmas from Cisco!  This has got to be the simplest request ever to a tech support team and you fail. 

Darlene Scott

Expert
kent07

Hi Darlene,

Here's a step-by-step guide on how to retrieve your wireless password.

Checking the Wireless Settings on a Linksys Router

Hope that helps. :smileyhappy:

tentflap@hotmail.com

OMG that was so easy!  I am now connected to my iPad and I am really appreciative - I cannot fathom why I was not given this information when I took the time to call and ask!  I sincerely appreciate the help.  I really do.  Many thanks, again - as a constant tech user and Internet fiend I am, once again, reminded of the positive power of being connected.  This was so nice of you to post the info in the forum.   I can go to bed happy now (late in this time zone). Thanks for taking the time. 

~Darlene

Expert
kent07

You're very much welcome! :smileyhappy: