Accepted Solution

WRT32X Dropping Wifi?

Hey all,

I recently purchased the WRT32x, been working 100% fine for the last 2 weeks.. But all of sudden, the last 3 days or so the Wi-Fi keeps dropping completely.

Ethernet works fine just the Wi-Fi goes out until I reset the router... 

I haven't messed with anything, everything is still at default settings. Except for the SSID, password, added two port forwarding exceptions.

Any help?

Thanks!

Re: WRT32X Dropping Wifi?

Any wireless neighbors near by? How many? What channels are they using? Try using a manual channel on the 32x. Try single mode N on 2.4Ghz and Mixed N/AC on 5Ghz. Set WPA2 Personal and AES only and test...

I'm having the same exact issues.  This happened about 2 days ago.  Its weird if i turn off secuity I have no issues staying connected.  Its when I have WPA2-PSK enabled.  Also hardwired devices have no issues.  I've tried changing channels, factory reset, changed network ID name.  Won't stay connected unless security is turned off.  Before 2 days ago I had no issues connecting.  Wonder if going to an older version of firmware would help.

Okay, sorry for the long delay, Just tested out with changing the channels... only N etc. Even went as far and disabled 2.4 through SSH, and turned it back on and tried turning off 5 ghz.. Both scenarios the router still dropped Wifi. Ethernet works, but you cannot connect threw wireless until you reset it. 

Any other ideas? Bad firmware update they pushed out?

Linksys pushed out firmware 1.0.171114.271 overnight. After getting that firmware, WiFi performance has gone to hell in my house. Ethernet works fine. I can't find anything on their site (seeing in their infinite wisdom they pulled the downloads page sometime ago) about this firmware. Nor can I revert back to an older firmware to test to see if that's what's causing it.

Stupid me for leaving automatic firmware updates on. 

In my case, WiFi doesn't drop outright. It drops intermittently. Both on 802.11ac and 802.11n. 

Try connecting without security. That's the only way I was able to stay on wireless. For the time being I put my old router back in till they can fix this issue

[ Edited ]

I'm not dumbing down my WiFi security because Linksys has a QA department who can't run a proper test case or two on their firmware before it is released. Linksys needs to fix this NOW as they've taken a great router and made it a high tech paperweight. 

Hmm... Anyone know if there is a alternative firmware I could flash this router with besides the custom open wrt that is on it atm?

Otherwise I may do the same and put in my old e2500 for the time being... 

I really hope this gets fixed soon. I was getting great speeds and coverage before all the issues.