Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
halldorr

[WRT400N] Can't connect to router in browser

It seemed to be random that I couldn't connect to my router via 192.168.1.1 but now it is more than just a slight annoyance and I am constantly getting this issue. I don't seem to remember ever having this issue with my WRT54G at all. Now, if I don't get a connection has timed out error I get this in my browser screen:

HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found Server: httpd Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:55:14 GMT Content-Type: text/html Connection: close 

Carrot

Re: [WRT400N] Can't connect to router in browser

Are you able to go online through router...?

Have you tried different browser..?

Have you tried from different computer..?

Try to use different computer and use Internet Explorer to open the setup page..Also,disable the security firewall on the computer and check.

halldorr

1) I can connect fine to the internet on both the wired computers and the wireless devices.

2) I have tried both Firefox and IE on multiple computers

3) See above

It SOUNDS as if it's gone into a loop of redirects. it's very odd.

dashrem

[ Edited ]

Try connecting to http://WRT400N.com

Nevermind, don't do that. I just tried it, and it seems MY WRT400N isn't smart enough to intercept the URL and I ended up going to a phishing website. So, I am assuming yours is dumb as well.

Message Edited by dashrem on 03-24-2010 08:49 PM
Carrot

On the hard-wired computer,Click Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Command Prompt...A black box will appear(Command Prompt)...In the Command Prompt window type ipconfig and press 'Enter'...Look for Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection IP Address , Subnet Mask and Default Gateway...

Copy and paste all the information in your next post.

halldorr

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : phub.net.cable.rogers.com
        IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.101
        Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
        Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Ethernet adapter {AE269694-2AA1-4BC3-A8EF-816372ED1197}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Carrot

The IP Address seems to be correct here...

Open the Command Prompt...type ping 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...If you get 4 replies then,Adjust the browser settings..

Open an IE, click Tools >> Internet Options, then delete all files, cookies, history, forms...Goto "Connections", make sure Never Dial a Connection is checked, click on LAN Settings and make sure all the options are unchecked...Once you are done click on O.k...Close the IE and re-open it...

Also disable all the security firewall and anti-virus on the computer..Click on Start>>>Run and type "http://192.168.1.1" and hit enter...Now,check.

halldorr

Followed the steps below, same result. Should I just restart the router?
Carrot

Unplug the power from the Router, wait for 30sec and then replug the power to the Linksys Router, Once all the lights are stable then you can try to login to the Router setup page and check if you are able to access the setup page of your Router.

If that still doesn't work, then Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router...

halldorr

[ Edited ]

When I unplugged it and left it unplugged for over 30 seconds I powered it back up and could connect fine to the admin area...for about an hour. Now it's back to the same issue again. Very odd.

It just seems to be in some sort of odd loop and actually takes my internet out for a few seconds as well.

Message Edited by halldorr on 03-27-2010 02:17 PM