clanmacarms

WRT400n Not Port Forwarding Even With Correct Settings

As the title of this post says I have the port forwarding settings correctly set for FTP (and other ports) but no luck. I'm not dumb, I know computers and routers. Even after hard reset, firmware upgrade and setup, still not working. Confirming with third party port scanner that ports not open even though they are setup, enabled and DMZ a few tries. Not firewall issue, worked fine with my previous tomato router setup. I should have never upgraded. Any suggestions other than buying a new router AGAIN?
brickmonkey

Re: WRT400n Not Port Forwarding Even With Correct Settings

Who is your ISP?

If you can post the screenshot of the settings you have changed on your Router, based on it we can provide you some solution. 

clanmacarms

Comcast... however with my Tomato router on my older linksys life was fine. 

error 

brickmonkey

On the router setup page,Under the Security tab..Uncheck "Filter Internet Requests" and click on Save Settings...Now,check.
clanmacarms

Nope, no changes. :smileysad:

brickmonkey

I would suggest you to upgrade/reflash the router's firmware and re-configure the router.

You can download the firmware from linksys website.On the router setup page,Click on the Administration tab to upgrade the firmware.After upgrading the firmware...Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router...

clanmacarms

Already did that, have the latest installed. Guess I will just return it to the store and buy a different brand. 

Thanks