bmeeker

WRT546 v5 wireless router security settings mysteriously reset?

Hi. I owned a WRT546 v5 Linksys wireless 802.11g router. After purchasing it roughly 2 years ago, I set up my network name and set WPA security. About a year ago I noticed that it has somehow been reset to the default settings: network name - linksys / . Rather chagrinned and a bit frightened, I checkly reset it to my preferred network name and WPA security.

I just noticed the weekend that it had once again reset itself to the default settings. Last time I know for sure my network name was correct was about a month ago. It something I want to set and not worry about.

I want to make clear that the router has not been moved, nor has the reset button been pushed. It is out of the way and not messed with.

Has anybody else experienced this problem. I do not particularly like the idea of my network security being randomly reset without my knowing.

thanks
bobby
The real JOHNNY

Re: WRT546 v5 wireless router security settings mysteriously reset?

Hello bobby. Im no expert with these kind of things but is it possible that someone is hacking your network and changing these settings for whatever reason they have? Maybe you have a weak WPA key? Also maybe a firmware upgrade would do the trick? Just thought i'd try and help :]
king of king

Hi!

This happens when the router loses its firmware......try upgrading the firmware....

I personally dont think its due to someone hacking your network or a weak WAP key.....try upgrading the firmware and reinstalling the router..and that should work for you...

This is a common occurrence with this kind of routers...so you dont have to worry about it...:smileywink:

Revert Back if you still face any problems!!!!

Mort

The only possibilty left is that due to power outage the router go resetted ...so you are getting unsecure linksys wireless network .....
Try reconfiguring the wireless router ...