Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Artur S.

WRT54G 192.168.1.1 not loading

[ Edited ]

Hello, i just got a WRT54G from my uncle and i'm trying to install it so i can use the wireless conection

infortunatelly i'm not being able to connect the 192.168.1.1 page,

i checked the cmd>ipconfig and the deafult gateway is blank.

I tried reseting it but nothing happens, and when i turn it on the power light kepps blinking and sometimes the other ligths blinks all together, and my computer says "Cable disconected".

I appreciate any help

edit:

btw here's what the prompt shows:

ip address: 169.254.198.36

subnet mask : 255.255.0.0

default gateway: *blank*

Artur S.

Update

[ Edited ]

After looking for some more instructions over the internet here's what's happening:

The power LED keeps blinking.

I tried to use the reset button, but it doesn't matter how long i hold it, nothing happens, no 1-4 llight turn off or something, simply nothing happens.

The router is not responding any pings, the prompt still shows no Default Gateway.

Is the router totally dead, should i buy a new one?

bmurray716

Re: Update

If you haven't already, try connecting your computer directly to the router via etherner cable to a free port on back.  Then, try doing a hard reset of the router by holding the reset button for 30 sec.  While still holding the reset in, power cycle the router (wait 10 sec before plugging back in).  After 10 sec let go of the reset button and see if that helps any.  You could also try power cycling the modem as well. 

Artur S.

[ Edited ]

yeah, i'm using ethernet conection, btw port 3 and 4 arent working, i guess this router is almost dead hehe

i tried normal reseting, but the lan port lights don't flash, as they should, i did the 30 seconds reset, turn of, 5 seconds still holding, turn on, hold 5 seconds and let it go

now the power light is blinking

and the dmz light gets on for about 5-7 seconds and goes out and back

i kept all night trying to do something and i got something: the router was responding to pings, so i updated firmware, after the update it stoped responding, i tought it was because it was rebooting, so i waited but it wasnt working, the 1-4 ligts and the internet light were blinking and when they stoped the light of the port to wich my computer was attached kept on and the computer started conecting to the router, but then the lights flashed again and the computer said there were no cables connected.

oh, here's what the promt shows when i dont use a sstatic ip:

Sufixo DNS específico de conexão  . :                                    (DNS)
Endereço IP de config. automática . : 169.254.198.36       (IP ADDRESS)
Máscara de sub-rede . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0                        (SUBNET MASK)
Gateway padrão. . . . . . . . . . . :                                                   (DEFAULT GATEWAY)

castor

I think your router is not responding.

Connect the computer to the Ethernet port on the Linksys router. Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds. Release the reset button and wait for 30 seconds. Power cycle the router.

Check the IP address on your router. If you are still getting IP address of 169.254.x.x and power light is still blinking then your router is not working.

If you get valid IP address like 192.168.1.xxx then try to access the setup page of the router.

Artur S.

[ Edited ]

Hmmm yeah the router isnt responding to anything, but after doing the 

30 seconds reset + turn off still holding the reset + wait 5 seconds + turn on still hoding the reset + wait 5 seconds + release the button

i tried ping -t -w 2 192.168.1.1 and it got responses, so i did a firmware upgrade, after that it stoped responding

and i was using static ip, and my conection was set to use 10 Mb half duplex

EDIT:

arp -a shows this:

Interface: 0.0.0.0 --- 0x3
  IP ADDRESS           MAC address        Type
  192.168.1.1           00-0f-66-b9-fb-59    Static

Interface: 0.0.0.0 --- 0x3 

forsaken

Try to ping the router IP address and see if you still get replies from the router. If you are not getting reply from the router then I think you will need a new router.