Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
xNarrowSoulx

WRT54G Blinking Power light

My Wireless-G WRT54G router has a blinking power light and the startup software says "Unable to connect to the Router! Check that the Router has been connected to the computer, and that your Ethernet adapter is working." I tried uploading the firmware but I can't get to the router page to update. Is there a known problem or solution here or am I just going to have to find the router page? If so, can anyone tell me how to find it?
SPAWN_06

Re: WRT54G Blinking Power light

Try the instructions here
"The war between heaven and hell depends on the choices we make, and those choices require sacrifice. That's the test"
xNarrowSoulx

yeah i see that "auto install utility" everywhere in instructions, but nowhere on the download page, wtf?
ARCHANGEL_06

Try using this to load your bin file firmware

TFTP

"Sometimes your knight in shining armor is just a retard in tin foil.."-ARCHANGEL_06
acenmbr1

[ Edited ]
I was having the same issue with my WRT54g v6, so I followed the advice given.  But when I try to upgrade using the TFTP, I get the message:

"Wrong Code Pattern"

Any help with this?

Message Edited by acenmbr1 on 10-16-200612:22 PM

Jason

you might have selected a different firmware version... select the correct one... click this: http://www.linksys.com/download then select the exact model number of your linksys router so you will get the correct firmware

"a helping hand in a community makes the world a universe"
acenmbr1

[ Edited ]
 I know that I selected the correct version.  I know that for a fact because I quadruple checked to make sure it was the WRT54G v6 firmware upgrade.  Unless THAT is the wrong one, I have no idea what else to do.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to get the modem up and running again?  I have tried SEVEVERAL MULTIPLES of times hitting reset for 30 secs then unplugging, but to no avail.  Now I have a pretty blue and black paper weight that was a little expensive, but hey...everyone needs a nice paperweight, right?  Gotta treat yourself every now and again.

Message Edited by acenmbr1 on 10-17-200602:06 AM

Jason

i dont want you my friend to have a hardtime, check if the hardware is still responding... coz if it aint, its useless.. so, check if hardware itself can be PINGed..

it is obvious that the router has a problem..  the DHCP capabiilty of that deivce might not be functioning properly that 's why your computer cannot get a DHCP IP from the router..

have the computer connected properly to the port 1 of the router

the set a static IP on the computer,

-go to control panel
-open network connections
-right click the local area connection icon
-select properties option
-and on the properties window, look for internet protocol (tcp/ip) and highlight it, then click on properties button..
-select use the following ip address and set
 IP: 192.168.1.2
 SubMask: 255.255.255.0
 (you can leave the Default Gateway blank)

click OK and CLOSE...

then, to hit two birds with one stone, set the adapter's speed to 10half duplex.
-go to control panel and double click on SYSTEM
-go to hardware tab and device manager button
-look for the name of you adapter under network adapters
-right-click on it and select properties
-go to advanced tab and set the SPEED and DUPLEX mode to 10half duplex
-click OK all the way out

after that go to command prompt..
-click start and click RUN and type in ipconfig
-click OK
-on the black screen, type in "ping 192.168.1.1" [no quotes], then hit enter
-if you have have 4 replies, the hardware itself is responding and can still be revived by the TFTP upgrade
-but if you have destination host unreachable - you have a defective router already

well, you have to prove first that the hardware itself is functioning before you touch the software part.. because you can never load the software if the hardware aint responding..

------------------------------
"back to basics"
InsertName

[ Edited ]
You are my hero joe_back10 . Thanks!

(Edited post for guideline compliance.Thanks!)

Message Edited by JOHNDOE_06 on 11-05-2006 05:21 PM

TerBear13

I have the same problem with the light flashing and can't connect to the internet through the router.  I followed all of these guidelines to change the IP address etc.  but I still can't ping 192.168.1.1. 
Any suggestions of what else could be done?
Thanks!