Stockmoose16

WRT54G, IP ADDRESS 0.0.0.0, PLEASE HELP!!!

I have a WRT54G v4 wireless router, latest firmware. I've been having serious problems with it, as of late. The router will work fine for weeks on end, and then suddenly, it'll lose the IP address from the cable modem. Right after this happens, I can't even get my internet to work if I directly connect my computer to the cable modem. After resetting the cable modem, however, I direct connect to my computer again, and the internet works fine... but then I connect to the Linksys WRT54G and it can't obtain the IP address. It just stays at 0.0.0.0. After a day or two of not working, the router will magically pick up the IP address and everything works again-- at least, for a few days, and then the IP address drop happens again. When the problem occurs, nothing seems to fix it. I've tried hitting the reset button on the back of the WRT54G, cloning the Mac address, etc. Since the cable modem works as a direct-connect, I know the modem is not the problem, either. I've tried unplugging the router for an hour and letting the cable modem work on it's own for awhile, but when I plug the router back in, it still can't obtain an IP. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?
Klatch

Re: WRT54G, IP ADDRESS 0.0.0.0, PLEASE HELP!!!

Go to http://linksys.com/download ... download the latest firmware ... upgrade it ... after upgrade .. reset & reconfigure the router ... See if it makes any difference or not ...
Stockmoose16

I already said I had the latest firmware.
sharkbyte

Enable MAC Address Clone on your PC. Hit Clone and then save settings. Then do a powercycle. That is power down everything and then power everything back up. Hopefully you would be good to go by then.
Klatch

ok, when it happens, reset router for 1 minute, do a MAC address clone(main computer's, that gets online from modem directly), reduce MTU to 1300, and security tab, disable the option of block anonymous internet requests. Reboot modem and router. It should work.
buritica

I had the same problem and I solved with the Klatch instructions. Thank you very much!!!!

lxmirman

Just signed up to thank Klatch!! Only solution I found that worked for me

Thank youu!!!!

chirag_pats

Klatch's solution worked like a charm for me. Thanks a ton!
albertofischel

I am really struggling with this .... Please let me know what is a Klatch??
richard804

Read Klach\s post on this page.

Greetings from Northern Ontario, Canada