megatec45

WRT54G Log Files

[ Edited ]
I just installed a WRT54G  & WMP54G wireless pci card to replace my linksys 802.11b equipment. I've enabled the logs in the Admin section of options. I only receive the Outgoing logs, not the Incomming. Didn't have this problem with the old hardware.
I have Ver8 with the latest firmware installed.
Also having problems with dropped signals( seems like a lot of people are experiencing this as well)

Message Edited by megatec45 on 05-26-200707:58 PM

castor

Re: WRT54G Log Files

Hard reset the router to factory default settings, try reflashing firmware on the router…reduce MTU to 1458, check whether it works or not and let me know.

megatec45

I've tried that twice already. Still no incoming files. Outgoing update fine
I've also reduced Beacon interval to 25
Fragmentation threshold to 2304
RTS threshold to 2304
I've been experiencing dropped signals as well and thought that changing those setting would work.
I've had linksys 802.11b router &card before, placed in the exact same location and basically the same setup without any of the problems that I'm experiencing now
megatec45

Is it possible that this is a firmware issue with Ver 8
Has anyone else experienced these problems with the logs?
I heard that there are a lot of open source firmware upgrades available for this router.
Can someone recommend any of the better ones out there. I'm aware that linksys will void the warranty, but I'm willing to give it a try if there is something better out there.
megatec45

I'm giving up and returning the router to Best Buy. Linksys can't provide any assistance either through these Forums or their Live Help Line. Their are literally hundreds of complaints on dropped signals on all Versions of this router and there are no definite fixes for them. I don't know if the Log File problem is only related to my router, but there is no accurate support or documentation provided by the manufacturer
benbree

I have had the log file problem (no incoming logs) with this router from day 1.  Is there no fix for this?  Thanks! 
megatec45

[ Edited ]

I've traded the router for a WRT54GL that I flashed with DD-WRT. It works GREAT! At least the developers answer your support questions unlike Linksys/Cisco. I think the WRT54G can now be flashed with this firmware.

Here is the link

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv3/index.php

Message Edited by megatec45 on 01-20-2009 08:57 AM