plantation47

WRT54G Ver. 8.0.03 Setup not seeing the internet :-(

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I need help from a computer geek. Some how my Linksys WRT54G Ver. 8.0.03 software is not finding the internet. "Currently Not Connected to the Internet" is what I get during setup. I get this message knowing that I am without any doubt connected. I am running Microsoft Vista. Any help would be appreciated.     John

Message Edited by plantation47 on 03-27-2009 10:04 AM
richard804

Re: Setup not seeing the internet :-(

You are using an earlier version of Linksys EasyLink Advisor (LELA)  You either remove the program or install the latest version from Linksys.
Greetings from Northern Ontario, Canada
plantation47

It's not the software

I did goto a chat room with Linksys. He questioned my model and software. After which he sent me manual setup instuctions. Same results, "Currently not connected to the internet." I do believe it is something to do with my computer..

Shimsho

Re: It's not the software

I had similar issue and one of the fixes was to enable "WIRELES ZERO CONFIGURATION" in the services.msn. Also I had to enable "Let Windows manage my connection" as after I installed the stupid LINKSYS EASY CONNECTIION MANAGER" it disabled these features. So I uninstalled it and all was well. Hope this helps
plantation47

Re: It's not the software

I believe this information is on the right track. I just cannot find where to enable those two in Vista.  Thanks for your assistance :-)    John
saber_tooth

Re: WRT54G Ver. 8.0.03 Setup not seeing the internet :-(

If you are trying to configure your router using the setup disk, Its better you exit from the setup and configure your router manually.

Click Here to configure your router with Cable ISP.

Click Here to configure your router with DSL ISP.

plantation47

Re: WRT54G Ver. 8.0.03 Setup not seeing the internet :-(

Thanks for your input. I have tried to manually setup the router with the same results. It got to be something in this computer. :-(((