luvnature
Accepted Solution

WRT54G & iPad network connection

I was able to connect to my linksys router the first time I tried..When I shut down the iPad & retried to enter the network, I was unable to do so...I do have the network encrypted..I did the reset thing, turned off the iPad & restarted to no avail..iPad suggests to temporarily turn off the encryption to see if that's the problem..My PROBLEM is; I don't know how to do that.  Can someone pls. help me?

Thanx;  Penny

Klatch

Re: WRT54G & iPad network connection

You can open the linksys router's setup page by typing 192.168.1.1 in the address bar on the wired computer.Leave the Username blank and type "admin" in password.

Under the Wireless tab,you can try to change the wireless channel to 11-2.462Ghz.Change the SSID to some unique name and try again to connect IPAD.If you want to turn-off the wireless security then,Under the Wireless tab,click on the subtab Wireless Security and there you can turn-off the security.

luvnature

Kudos, Klatch;  After deleting the encryption, everything went well..I'm going to try the encryption again to see if that will work now..In the manual (iPad) it suggests doing that...I'm of the tho't I'll need to leave it unencrypted..I don't think it will be a real problem for me, as we live in a rural area..

Thanx for your help...

Penny

FrogLick

I have a similar problem with connecting to a WRT54GS except that the iPad has never connected.  I've gone in and turned off the security mode to NONE (and also changed this desktop so I can post this message).  The iPad is still seeing the network as now unlocked but it just endlessly tries to join without success.  I have no problem with the iPad connecting to my Netgear router at another location or other wireless hotspots.  I'd really rather have some security on my network.  What is it about Linksys that seems to be the problem.  I've never been able to connect an iPhone to this router either.

luvnature

FrogLick;  I did re-encrypt the linksys router & it seems to be working ok now...We'll see if it continues to work..lol..You never know w/this stuff...I'll let you know if I encounter any more probs..

Blessings;

Luvnature

FrogLick

I'm going to leave my network open for a few days and make sure that everything is working as expected with the iPad.  I'll then reset to WPA ecryption and keep my fingers crossed that the iPad continues to work.  I'd really hate to have to leave my network open just for this.  I did turn off file sharing when I opened it though so hopefully won't have any problems.

lost

I'm lost...  you said type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar... the internet explorer address bar? where should i type that?  i'm having trouble getting my ipad to connect to the wireless network set up at my home.

luvnature

Hi lost;  I know it's all so perplexing..Type the # in your browser addy bar & it will take you to the cisco home page, then you need to pick the wireless tab... You should be able to unencrypt from there..What I happened onto was, I left the Linksys unencrypted for a few days, then encrypted it again, & it worked thereafter... Doesn't seem logical I know, but it did work for me...The addy again is; 192.168.1.1...Good luck...

Blessings;

fifth

jfbeck97

i have tried all the solutions on this page. Nothing works. The Ipad wireless see the network but the connection times out. I haven't upgraded the firmware because I don't know what file to modify  and where?

Administrator
24JUAN80

Read here on how to upgrade your routers firmware.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Search Function is your friend.... and Google too.

How to Secure your Network
How to Upgrade Routers Firmware
Setting-Up a Router with DSL Internet Service
Setting-Up a Router with Cable Internet Service
How to Hard Reset or 30/30/30 your Router
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------