WRT54G firmware Mac DHCP conflict

I updated my WRT54G version 6 to firmware version 1.01.0 and (after 2 days when things worked fine) lost the ability for any of my 3 Mac computers (intel iMac and pismo powerbook) to get an IP address either by wired connection or wireless connection to the router. My Windows laptop connected just fine by wired and wireless connections. The Macs could see the router if manually set to IP 192.168.1.50, but did not get an IP address if set to DHCP. No amount of resetting router, modem and computers helped. I reflashed 1.01.0 using the PC but that did not help. I flashed back to firmware 1.00.9 and immediately got back wired and wireless connections with all of the Macs. There are at least three other reports of people solving exactly the same problem posted in the Apple discussion boards with other Mac models.

Re: WRT54G firmware Mac DHCP conflict

SAME ISSUE!!!!!
This needs to be fixed. Pulling my hair out (not much left either) last 2 days with this exact same issue after I updated FW.
I have a SlimDevices Squeezebox on this net as well, and that actually gives error: "Cannot locate DHCP server"
I am going to try downgrade of firmware now.

I'm also having this problem. After updating the WRT54Gv5 firmware to version 1.01.0, none of my three Macs can obtain an IP address via DHCP (all three are Intel-based Macs running the latest OS X (10.4.8)).

My Windows and Linux systems don't have this problem.

Hi I just wondered if you know any way to downgrade the firmware, I can't dL all I get its the new firmware. I have the same problem with a G5 Mac. Thanks in advance, Nick

Look for wrt54gv5_v6_fw_1.00.9_US_code.zip

Thanks! I applied that downgrade and my Macs are able to get IP addresses via DHCP again.

Exactly the same problem here with a WRT54GS v 6 !!!

I upgraded th FW to 1.50.9, and it stopped sending IP's to the Ethernet and/or the Aiport interface !
Although I can still access the web-based interface by typing a manual IP.

Of course, all Internet connexion stopped ...
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
THANK YOU for this link! Rolled back to 1.09 and worked like a charm on my MacBook ... I have both WinXP and OS X machines, not fanatic about eihter OS, but like things that work, it's quirky I know ...

(Mod note: Edited for guideline compliance.Thanks!)

Message Edited by JOHNDOE_06 on 10-15-2006 06:58 PM

I have the exact same problem here with my PPC MacMini and PowerBook, Dell PC Works just fine.  Downgrading to 1.09 As well.  This needs to be fixed!

Right on. The downgrade just worked for me too. I updated to the 1.01.0 firmware last night (10/17/06). After messing with it for hours last night and tonight AND two sessions with a "support" person on LinkSys's LiveChat, I finally found this thread.

I just want to know two things:

1) Why in the world did LinkSys just break the DHCP server in their router?

2) Why is it that neigher of the LiveChat support staff I typed to knew enough to just tell me that firmware version 1.01.0 does not work with Macs and that I should downgrade to 1.00.9?

I sincerely hope LinkSys is going to fix this bug.

--Dan