WRT54G hard reset?

Have an old WRT54G v 2; been is service for years installed as a second router, gateway and wireless access point at a remote location.  Unit was flawless, but after a year or so the first and only problem I noticed  was unable to access it  using the IP (192.168.1.2) address in a browser the router was otherwise working fine and  ping successfully.  After 2 years I replaced the unit with an “N” model.

I am trying to re-cycle the “G” unit at another location. Now if I red button reset the  unit works fine until I change something in the configuration like the IP address, change router name, password or disable the DHCP server. Then works  for a few min then fails.  I am intermittently unable to access it via a browser (receive an failed to connect message) &  it will not always ping successfully (Destination host unreachable). Unit remains unresponsive until I red button again.

Up graded the firmware to 4.2.1 us and performed a menu reset (restore the defaults from the Password tab).  No joy.

Is there a hard reset or a better diagnostic available?

Please advise.

Hank

Elson23

Re: WRT54G hard reset?

u can press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.... but ull lose all configs on the router....

Performed a 30 second reset no joy.  Any ideas?

Elson23

try a min?? if not something might be wrong with ur router...
picohat

Press the reset button at the back of router for 30seconds-1minute with power on, after that you should be able to access router with default username/password. If still not working after several resets, then I think it's time for you to get a new router.

picoHat

Home Network, Wireless Network and Computer Networking Made Easy 

saber_tooth

After a firmware upgrade, you must reset the router to factory defaults, then setup the router again from scratch.  If you have not done this since your last firmware upgrade, please do this now and see if it corrects your problem.  If you saved a router configuration file, DO NOT use it.

To reset your router press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router...It should work...