Slammer422

WRT54G lost internet connection after power loss

After a recent power outage, unable to get internet connection.  Connected pc (Windows Xp) directly to Cable Modem and was able to get internet connection.  Computer recognizes router connection.  Went through setup all appears fine, and cloned mac address, performed power cycle, still no internet connection through wired or wireless connections. 

vness

Re: WRT54G lost internet connection after power loss

Reset and reconfigure the router.

LisaJPalumbo

[ Edited ]
I am having the same exact problem. My guess is the router is damaged from the power outage (extremely strong winds) b/c the connection looks successfull. Please advise.

Message Edited by LisaJPalumbo on 01-24-2008 10:04 AM
maui29111

the routers are not damaged they got affected by the power surge that happened in your area. the routers can still be reconfigured and try to get a surge protector
Slammer422

Thanks for your input, I did reconfigure but without success; based on an earlier thread, I am going to reinstall through the following link www.linksys.com/easy.  I will let you know status after the reinstall.

I do have surge protection but I suspect that based on this occurrence it may be faulty.

maui29111

also heard so much about the problems on wrt54g v8 router.eversince you had the router was it doing the same thing as it is now?
Slammer422

No this was a first.  I have previous problems with losing a wireless connection but that was corrected with a firmware update.
Slammer422

Reinstalled the router, however, during the process it could not get an internet connection.  Any other suggestions?

Ricewind

Download latest firmware from www.linksys.com/download, and update it. Hard reset for 1 minute, and then clone MAC address and power cycle modem and router. It should work
Slammer422

Downloaded and installed latest firmware update, power cycled modem, router and then computer.  Still no internet connection. 

LEDs on front look normal however, internet LED flashes frequently, I am not sure if that is normal. 

Any further advice before I trash this router.