Re: WRT54G router won't let me turn on security.

Try using another computer. Hardwire another computer to the router and do it that way. I believe it is just a security setting on the browser or computer. You can also try to download Mozilla Firefox if Internet Explorer or Google Chrome is not working.

Re: WRT54G router won't let me turn on security. - Solution that seems to have worked for me

Try clicking the reset security button in the wireless tab.... Seems to have worked for me.

Also changed the name of the wireless network.....

Expert

Re: WRT54G router won't let me turn on security. - Solution that seems to have worked for me

I presuem after a couple of years they probably got it figured out. Hope it helps future users.

http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/How-to-fix-NO-SCREENNAME-username/td-p/565100

@NO_SCREENNAME@ wrote:

Try clicking the reset security button in the wireless tab.... Seems to have worked for me.

Also changed the name of the wireless network.....

I belive you cannot set the router security if you are setting it up with a wireless computer. It must be hard wired.

Hello,
According to my experience, your driver should be downloaded, if you have already downloaded it, you should update it.
Here is how to handle your issues by yourself:
Step 1.
Enter the exact model number of the device in the search box and click the "submit".
Step 2.
Select the OS of your computer. (windows 7, windows 8, windows xp, vista) Press the next button.
Step 3.
The software and drivers are compatible with what you have typed will show on the screen.
Step 4.
Select the the driver you need and click "download".
Step 5.
Save the file (exe.) and double-click the driver file to install it.
Step 6.
Reboot the computer after the installation.
If this method could not help you, you can click here.