Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Kevin

WRT54G to WGA54G bridge OR XBOX Wireless Adapter

1. Just hooked up a new WRT54G bringing wireless to my home network. Wired PCs (4) and wireless laptop connect and work fine (laptop drops connection from time to time).

2. Wanted wireless gaming via WGA54G, compeleted install per instructions, hooked up to XBOX Live, set up account, started to check out XBOXLive stuffs, lost connection. Never able to get WGA54G to hold connection, despite many reloads and reconfigs.

3. 2 Days later; bought a $100 XBOX Wireless Adapter. Installed per instructions, surfed XBOXLive, all seemed great.....lost connection.  Researched all the blogs and both Linksys and XBOX 360 sites for anything that might help. The only thing I found was a statement that Linksys and MS knew about a problem with the WRT54G losing connectivity and where working on it, telling me to go into WRT54G device and disable UPnP.  Did so, still no luck.....so;

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN XBOX 360 ON THEIR WIRELESS NETWORK THAT WORKS? iF  
pennylane

Re: WRT54G to WGA54G bridge OR XBOX Wireless Adapter

You can't give up on those good devices until you have upgraded their firmwares. Take a look on the sticker under the router to get it's exact version no. After that, upgrade the firmwares and reconfigure the settings on both the router and the WGA54G. Hope this helps.:smileyhappy:

Linksys Download Page