Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
yorro

WRT54G v7 Windows 7 Drives

[ Edited ]

Greetings

I am looking for WRT54G v7 Windows 7 Drivers. I can seem to find it. If there is no update yet, can someone give me drivers for Windows Vista 32 instead.

Thanks. 

Message Edited by yorro on 01-18-2009 12:10 AM
ridcully

Re: WRT54G v7 Windows 7 Drives

router is independent from the operating system.....it does not required any drivers
yorro

@Ridcully - My router came with disk used for installation. When I transfered to Vista from XP, I downloaded a driver that is compatible to Vista. Now that I am using Windows 7, I need a driver for it.

Reason? that's because other computers can't connect to my router, note that my router is wired to my Windows 7 computer. But when I switch back to XP or Vista using dual boot, other computers are able connect to my computer.

The Windows tech help said that I should update my router DRIVER.

IF there is no update for Windows 7, can someone give me a link to Vista for my router.

compdave7681

Like ridcully wrote the router is independent of the OS. The reason you can not access your Win7 PC is you have to setup sharing. Check out this article Engineering Windows 7. Hope this helps
ShinzooYuuru

Hello yorro, you don't need a driver for windows 7 PC to get online with your WRT54G v7 or a driver for your WRT54G v7 to make your windows 7 to work. It doesn't matter what OS you're using for your wired PC. If its not working for other PC when your win7 PC is wired to the router then your router is not configured properly. How 'bout setup your WRT54G manually and don't use the setup cd to avoid having problems.

First thing you need to do is to check your connections. You should have a connection like this:

MODEM<===>(internet port)WRT54G(port 1)<===>win7 PC

Manually setup your router:

For Cable Internet Setup, click here.

For DSL Internet Setup, click here.

How to setup a Wireless network? click here.

Good Luck!

------------------------------------------------------

"Nankurunaisa" "It will all work out just fine!"
GERARDPY

My WRT54G V8.2 has been reset. Now if I try to use the router to connect to Internet with Windows 7, the Network changes and it says that the connection is broken or unable to connect. Since the Setup CD is for XP or Vista only, how can I configure the router to connect?

Please help.

Expert
sabretooth

If you read all the threads about connection issues you would see your answer all over this forum.  Connect via a wired computer to your router to 192.168.1.1 with user name blank, password admin.  Proceed to configure your router per your ISP instructions.
GERARDPY

Thank you for your response. 

(My modem is ADSL so I have to connect to 192.168.2.1) - Problem is if I connect the modem and the router my PC goes to the previous "Network B" which gives me a connection problem message. Only way I can connect is directly from the modem to the PC, which uses "Network A" (modem only).

My router was previously configured for Vista and when I instaled Windows 7 I could connect without a problem. However, the online router setup management page rejected my original password, so I reset the modem (button) planning to reenter my previous data, but after that the "Network B" connection ceased to function.

I have tried all the possible ways that are shown on this Linksys site, but no luck. Could it be that I have to remove the "Network B" Internet access network?

Please advise. 

GERARDPY

My WRT54G V8.2 worked fine with Windows 7. Then I needed to access the online router configuration, but I got an incorrect password message. Finally I reset the router. Since then Windows 7 shows a Network not connected message if I try to connect through the router. I can only connect if I go directly from my modem.

Please advise how I can solve this problem.

Thanks.

prozack

My computer wont even recognize my internet connection. When i plug my ethernet cable into my laptop the gree light illuminates, however when I plug it into my desktop the green light does not come on. therefore i do not believe it is a router or modem problem. Do i need to download a driver for my desktop? which is windows 7 by the way. i cant seem to figure out the problem.