Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
charlo66

WRT54G wrong firmware

Last day i decided to upgrade my firmware but accidently i take the WRT54GS with speed booster update intead of mine WRT54G so that blow up my internet connection.I cant go in the setting by LAN but by WI-FI it work.So i try to upgrade my firmware with the good one but i learn that update cant be done by wirelless and my LAN is not working so im kinda stuck : no internet for my second computer(directly linked to the modem for my first one) and cant fix that problem. I also call a Linksys representant but you need to pay for getting help,I chatted with 3 different Linksys staff but they coouldnt fix that problem and my warranty is over.So my question is : How could i upgrade my firmware without using LAN port or How to enabled Lan port ? 1.Yes my Ethernet cable is working 2.Yes i ping it : REQUEST TIMED OUT 3.Yes i tipped IPCONFIG : no IP 4.Cant go on internet with wireless only on the setting page for my WRT54G thx for your answer and i hope that will fix my problem
brickmonkey

Re: WRT54G wrong firmware

If you are not getting IP - power cycle the network ...Also make sure that NIC card under Network Adapter ...Also make sure that it shows Device Working Properly status ...
Check the IP address ....ideally you should get IP - 192.168.1.X .....
charlo66

Re: WRT54G wrong firmware

Yeah my device is working propely but I called my internet provider and he says that it was my modem that cant get an IP adress from my routeur,so how do I power cycle the network ?