Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
IrvinQ

WRT54G2 V1 set up Help !

Ok so the power when out at my house yesterday and well... my router reset i call linksys but they couldnt help me because my warranty expired so i had want ed the to help me on setting up my router again i go to the routers page the 192.168.1.1 page and set it it tell me to set it up again and  put the pin in their or to press this button in the center of the router and to click the same butttin on the scrren so i do so and a loading bar loads all the way to 99% and then stays at 99 for about a min or two and then it tell me "

Connection Failure!

Your client device failed to connect to the network.

Refer back to your client device for further instructions.

Press "OK" to continue. "

from their i have tried to do the same thing multiple times and nothing the same thing every time i even got another ether cable thinking it was that and nothing still the samething, can someone please tell me how to fix this or is the router fried cause of the surge or what should i buy a new one or what please someone help me! 

-Thank you, Irvin

Expert
sabretooth

Re: WRT54G2 V1 set up Help !

Well that's not how to set up the router that's for sure.  Connect via wired computer to 192.168.1.1 username blank, password admin.  Now configure the router back to what you had following your ISP instructions.

castor

Re: WRT54G2 V1 set up Help !

Connect the computer with the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on your router also make sure that the Internet is connected to the router .

Press and hold the reset button at the back of the router for 30 seconds .

Power cycle the router and modem .

Open the setup page of the router using the IP Address : 192.168.1.1 ( User name= blank , Password= ' admin ' ) .

If your Internet service provider is Cable follow this link .

If your Internet service provider is DSL  follow this link .