Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
unhsta

WRT54G2 keeps dropping internet

Recently Comcast upgraded my modem to a Cisco DPC3000. Since installing I occasionally lose my internet connection when hard wired or connected wirelessly. If I unplug the router power and then replug my internet connection returns.  Comcast alluded to my needing to upgrade to an N series router due to the higher speeds with the new modem. Anyone heard of this or can offer a solution?
Corleone

Re: WRT54G2 keeps dropping internet

If you router is working and you are able to go online, and some times you are facing intermittent problem, Then i think you need upgrade the firmware on your router, and this will solve your all cioncern.

Go to website linksysbycisco.com/downloads.........insert model no of your router in serach tab......select proper version of your router........download the firmware file......save that file on desktop.

Follow these steps to upgrade the firmware on the device : -
Open an Internet Explorer browser page on a computer hard wired to the router...In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1...Leave the username blank & in password use admin in lower case...Click on the 'Administration' tab- Then click on the 'Firmware Upgrade' sub tab- Here click on 'Browse' and browse the .bin firmware file and click on "Upgrade"...Wait for few seconds until it shows that "Upgrade is successful"  After the firmware upgrade, click on Reboot" and you will be returned back to the same page OR it will say "Page cannot be displayed".Now reset your router : Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds...Release the reset button...Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for 30 seconds and re-connect the power cable...Now re-configure your router...

unhsta

Re: WRT54G2 keeps dropping internet

Thanks. Followed your steps and so far so good.