Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
sharadmenawat

WRT54G2 v1 router bricked

I attempted to upgrade the firmware on the WRT54G2 V1 (the newer, slim black model) but it failed. I let the upgrade run for about 10 minutes and it just sat there and link to router disconnected I run ping for 192.168.1.1 but response is "DESTINATION HOST UNREACHABLE". The router is now completely unusable and the ALL LAN ports lights are ON and Internet light is also ON.

Expert
sabretooth

Re: WRT54G2 v1 router bricked

What firmware was the router on?  What firmware level did you attempt to install?

sharadmenawat

sabretooth wrote:

What firmware was the router on?  What firmware level did you attempt to install?

This router used to stop working intermittently. As per one of the suggestions on a blog I was trying to reinstall the same firmware 1.0.0.4 (I think the last available firmware) again on the router.

As of now whenever I connect power either All Four LAN lights and Internet light lit up or some of the LAN lights lit up. No response to hard reset anymore.

Expert
sabretooth

sharadmenawat

That's a comcast site. Any solution would help.
sharadmenawat

But that site is not providing any solution. It's a product page and where do I look exactly?

Expert
sabretooth

Sorry!  Totally my fault!  Wrong buffer pasted...  ;-(.  I apologize....

Let's try this again.

http://www.lancelhoff.com/how-to-fix-a-bricked-linksys-router/

or

http://www.savemondo.com/2008/11/21/how-to-unbrick-a-linksys-router/

sharadmenawat

Hi,

By the time you replied I used dd-wrt guideline and tried VxWorksKiller-G2V1-new.bin on router. I'm not sure how to proceed further. The router symptoms are:

1. NO power on light

2. All LAN ports light ON

3. Internet connection light ON

4. No responce to ping

Is there a hope. I've not tried the last two links sent as of now, will try tonight. One of them expects blinking poweron lights, can't use it.

Sharad

Expert
sabretooth

Sorry, now you're going to have to go to the DD-WRT forum to get help.  This is for Linksys firmware only.

akarupt

Hello, I have the same problem... I already try to hard reset but with no Luck.. I have the lan 4 lights ON but only one cable connect to Port 1.. I have the Wan light ON to.. On the computer says that no cable is connected.. Do you solve your problem? what do you do?