Weremole79

WRT54GC password

i have a WRT54GC router and i reset the router multiple times and the admin password still doesn't work. i dont know what to do. i changed it once and i tried that password and still doesnt work. i cant get into my router with any password. what do i do??
castor

Re: WRT54GC password

well try resetting router about one minute...power cycle the router, check whether it works for you or not.
morganjd3

I need to set up a password for my wireless router.
santiam

I changed my router's default name and password about 2 years ago when I bought it. Now, after 1 year on non-use I want to set it back up again. Problem is that I have long since forgotten the password.

After multiple manual reset attempts, the router still identifies itself as the name that I changed it to, and won't accept the 'admin' default password.

Also, I just discovered that when I plug the modem directly to the computer, I get have internet access, trying to plug the computer to the router to the modem yields no internet, not sure why.
mds87

Yeah, I'm having the same issue too. I installed a WRT54GC router a few years back, have not used it for about a year, and even when I had used it I only used the password once, initially to set it up, and now I can't reset it to default. Tried just about everything under the sun but the router's keeping its ground.
netmom318

To Whom it may concern:

my router does not work with my dsl modem to access the internet. I also cannot access via password my linksys account to reset my router.  please help
rafaelo

I'm an experienced WRT54GC user. I love my router but it has a very short range. Nevertheless it has served me well throughout the years and i have done many things with it. In your case the only thing i suggest you do is re-upgrade your firmware meaning to download the latest firmware from the linksys website, hook up your router to the computer with an ethernet cable (not in the internet port) go to the 192.168.1.1 router menu, Administration > Firmware Update then from Choose file you select the firmware file and then just press Update. Be very patient with this, it might take some time. Don't disconnect the router from the computer or you may risk Bricking your router forever and you have to buy a new one. After the procedure is done you should be back to the original settings and all should be fine. Good luck!
daemustang

how do i set a password
rufe

i am trying to put the pasword but i can't go through.
moneymoney

I am trying to put a wireless printer to this router. The admin password does not work.  Am I using the wrong one?