Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Taveirada

WRT54GC version 2.0 Firmaware update

Hi, Is there any firmware update for this product? I'm not hable to find it... Product: WRT54GC Version 2.0 (wwith external anthena)
Ikester

Re: WRT54GC version 2.0 Firmaware update

I did not see a WRT54GC version2  However, here is the link to the WRT54GC's web page.  

Richard Aichner (Ikester)
ddcrzhe

me too.
On my WRT54GC, it show V2.0, and firmware version is 1.00.7
How can get the latest firmware version?
thanks.
m4rc310

Me too. Looking for this upgrade!
malcm

Its typical of Linksys support - the hardware is v2.0 - says so on the case, and the website only has firmware for v1.0 that's fron 2007.

I've twice tried to contact their 'live chat' support. Both times it tells me im #1 in the queue and aomeone will be with me soon - and I left the window open 30 mins and more - nothing.

Same story, good hardware crap software/firmware .  Nect time i but dlink or netgear....

Expert
sabretooth

What this means is that there is currently no firmware upgrade available for this router.  Linksys may still be working on it and will post the newer upgrade if and when available.
m4rc310

My router died yesterday after only one and a half  year of use. I've bought a new one. 3COM.

malcm

There's no firmware upgrade available? ok I'll accept that. It would be nice if the product's page listed that info.

On to my real problem: Access restrictions / Documentation.  I'm trying to set up what should be fairly simple access rules - but they dont work.  I've done everything sensible, searched Google, this site, and every other place I can find - there are many many people with the same issue - and NO documentation beyond the basics.

It's easy to set up somple non-overlapping rules - but there's nothing about how rules interact.

For example one group of pcs (defined by IP address) can access the internet only Mon to Friday.  Another overlapping group (defined by MAC address) cannot access facebook from 9 to 5.

How do the rules interact? What takes priority? Why does it block all internet access to some pcs when both rules are implemented?

This is not limited to this model router - others have had similar issues some of which were fixed by firmware upgrades. Which takes me back to my original point - The hardwares fine, but the firmware is buggy and the documentation sucks.

malcm

The firmware for WRT54GC v2.0 *is* available for download.  It's just not made easy to find.

On the default product page for the router the only and hardware version is 1.0

http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/WRT54GC/download

Edit the URL and replace the US with UK. This points to a  European page with firmware for the WRT54GC V2.0  and V3.0

http://www.linksysbycisco.com/UK/en/support/WRT54GC/download

The latest version for V2.0 is 1.01.5 dated August 2009.  

writerx

Thanks for the links,

but I only see V1 and V3 in the drop-down list, no V2 ?!

Can I also try V1 or 3, or will that destroy my WRT54GC?