Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
livingincebu
Accepted Solution

WRT54GH - Connecting it to modem / router

Greetings:

I have a Hurricane 9300G (Prolink) modem / router that provides my connection.

I also have a Linksys WRT54GH that I wish to add to this network.

I have connected it, but even in making the changes I thought were necessary, it still does not work.

I would like assistance in connecting it to this network, as a second access point in my home.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul
Expert
sabretooth

Re: WRT54GH - Connecting it to modem / router

To connect a second router go here.

livingincebu

Thanks!

Paul
LynJeanM

Hi .. can you help me .. I have a problem in my router -Linksys wireless-G home WRT54GH .. I can't connect it to the internet .. and when I try to reset it and configure in http://192.168.1.1 it prompted the RECOVERING TOOL -- Boot Loader / Tiny Kernel Version V0.02 .. "Enter the path and name of the upgrade file" .. I didn't know how to fix it .. plsss help me .. THANKS!

Expert
sabretooth

You are stuck in the Firmware Upgrade Mode.  Download the CORRECT firmware version you need for your router.  Now follow the instructions and point to the directly the firmware file is in.  Wait for the firmware to load and follow the instructions on the display.  When finished hard reset the router, connect again and reconfigure it back to normal.

jsonsteby

I am trying to upgrade my firmware for the WRT54GH but everytime I click on the download, it opens up in a media player on my laptop. I can't get it to download to my normal download program. Any additional suggestions?

parosp

sabretooth wrote:

To connect a second router go here.

Hi,

If I connect two wireless routers how disclaimed on this tutorial (LAN-WAN), can i put the same SSID/password on both routers and then make a wider wireless network?

Expert
sabretooth

You really want the LAN LAN connection otherwise you will have a double NAT.  Make both routers have the same SSID, but on different channels so as not to interfere with each other.

parosp

Thank to answer back.

I understand that, with this way, i´ll have two separate networks that comunicate wich other. My idea was make a unique network with a repeater, so independent of the position on one network or another, the signal would keep strong, thats why:

- I had the  WRT54GH being the principal router and a Asus router with repeater function working just fine but not with my Sansung Smart TV. Its the only device that insists not work with this system. After many tests and confs, i had to connect the tv with a cabe direct to router, what is a shame using cables on a wifi network, and put the Asus router work alone, because its has a strongest signal, and the WRT54GH in the package. I´d like to put WRT54GH to work.

Thanks anyway

Paulo