Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sunsett55

WRT54GS what is the setup password.. please help

I just bought this router.. when i go to set it up i come up to step 8 and it asks for a password. Ive tried everything including admin.. does anyone know what i should type in? to get me to the next step..please help
linda

Re: WRT54GS what is the setup password.. please help

I have the wrt54G (without speedbooster) and all their passwords are admin, but make sure you do not have a usercode That should be blank.

if you like, just push the reset button so it will read the default password admin... and I would advise you the easylink advisor.. just connect your PC first to the modem to have internet connection... then click this http://www.linksys.com/connect , then select easylink connect.. save it first, then run it... the easylink advisor won't be asking for a password... it'l go through the process of installing your wireless router upto configuring the wireless settings..

"a helping hand in a community makes the world a universe"

push the reset button for 10-15 seconds [while doing this, make sure that the power light is blinking] and unplug the power for 10 sec. It should go back to default settings.
sharkbyte

Press the reset the button of router for 30 seconds to make sure all the settings are reset. Since the set-up CD did not run and configure properly for the 1st time. You may try configuring the router manually.

1st what is the exact model number and version number of your router? You may find it underneath the router itself on one of the stickers. Example would be the image below.

If it is WRT54G v5 or v6 then you need to upgrade the firmware (operating system of the router) to make it work to it's maximum potential.

To upgrade the firmware:
1. Connect computer directly to modem and download the file to your desktop from www.linksys.com/downloads (search for your product model number on the list)
2. Connect modem-router internet port
3. Connect computer to router port 1
4. click on start - run (type in cmd
5. on the DOS prompt type in ipconfig (take note of the default gateway)
6. open up internet explorer and type in 192.168.1.1 (i.e default gateway)
7. go to the Administration tab and go to Firmware Upgrade
8: click on browse - search for the downloaded file - click on open and then click on upgrade
9. after it says upgrade successful - rebooting - click on continue
10. press reset button of the router for 30 seconds and powercycle (i.e turn off and turn back on router)

After you have done this. Connect your computer back to the modem and go to www.linksys.com/easy and use EasyLink Connect to configure the router.